The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on Stancor Mod Tranny  (Read 3796 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« on: April 22, 2005, 10:28:29 PM »

Anyone have info on a Stancor modulation transformer, Model: 55B028?
It weighs about 30 pounds.

Terminals Connections

P    B      one end

P     B     P     B     other end
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 01:27:48 PM »

Steve,
         If no one can find specs on it, here is my take on it. If it doesnt have assorted taps, it is prolly a dedicated application unit of some type.
Using the "Timtron institute of technology" formulation 30 lbs should be able to handle at least 300w without any problems. Next, tie the primary center taps together, and apply 120vac to the primary plate leads. Then hang a voltmeter accross the secondary terminals and read the outpoot voltage. This will give you a good feel for what the turns ratio is. You still wont be able to accurately tell the operating impedances, but knowing the power handling capability and the turns ratio, you should be able to get a pretty good feel for where you can use it. Since turns ratio is really the determining factor here a little "flying by the seat of the pants" and a little head scratching should be able to figger out an application for it.
                                                                     The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 04:58:16 PM »

TNX OM. Good info. I don't have the unit. I'll pass this info on to the person asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015