The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KA2DZT - Serious interference from neighbor's new solar array. Part 97 ?  (Read 11304 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »

It would be interesting to read all of the contracts involved.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »

Glad to hear Fred "fixed" the problem.

Now, if he could just get a transmit signal, we all wouldn't need noise cancellers to hear him.   Grin Grin
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 11:15:10 PM »

Fred always has a good signal at my place (in Northern Massachusetts).  So, not exactly nearby.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »

It's an old joke going back to the days when he was known as "51-watt Fred."
kb2vxa

I modulate, therefore AM

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »

The bear doth ROAR! That's an angle I hadn't thought of, the lack of a construction permit. That reminds me of when I lived in the bottom end of the county and heard about the FCC being notified that an FM transmitter construction site I visited on their day off was going up without a CP. That put the kibosh on construction, lots and lots of money wasted. Now I hear about a solar cogen installation going up without a CP, putting a few bugs in ears in the right places (zoning board, power company, etc.) should produce some interesting results.

I was thinking of the broadcast radio test, AM AND FM, with some neighbors involved. Don't go to the FCC directly and get ignored, let the engineers of some local broadcast groups do it for you. Identify stations being interfered with, find their contact info and complain "I can't hear Rush Limbaugh with all the static (no matter what it is they call it static) that guy with the new solar panels is making!" They, whomever "they" may be take notice when the engineer(s) of stations being interfered with get involved. I got the idea from a newspaper article a few years ago I archived in my computer about an unlicensed FM station (transmitters and high power amplifiers are for sale on the Internet) causing interference to a popular station in the central NJ area. People complained to the station and the upstart is the local police shut down the station, the antenna violated some zoning ordinance. THAT was just a bit unexpected, the FCC gone wimpy replaced by men wearing Glock 10s. <Dr. Evil MUAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaa.>

73 de Warren KB2VXA
Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015