The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:46:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apollo 11 Mission in its Entirety  (Read 2441 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: July 17, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 11:09:19 AM »

That's an impressive web site!

--- Post No Bills ---
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »

yes, lots of behind the scenes communications.  There's some interesting stuff that wasn't made public probably because MSM didn't think it was interesting.  Just a guess.

I just finished watching the docking of the CSM and LEM, footage provided by the crew.  Something I never saw before.

Tip for listeners:  For those periods where transmissions between ground and flight are silent, one can fast forward through the silent periods by clicking the next transcript text or transmission in the rolling transcript. Note: That's on a PC. I'm not sure how it will work on a mobile device.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
KK4YY

Your best isn't as good as you can be.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:07:56 PM »

Some years ago, I worked at a large defense contractor in which Neil Armstrong served as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the company. One day it was announced the he, himself, the first man to set foot on the Moon, would be visiting and touring the facility the next day.

I was working on the night-shift and my supervisor asked me if I wanted to work the day-shift on the day of Mr. Armstrong's visit, that I may be able to see him in person. To do that, I would have had to wake-up with only a few short hours of sleep. With that in mind, I declined his offer and opted to work my regular shift at night.

At the time, I was working in a large clean-room that had a central entry. On the right, was the assembly area which was staffed mostly by women assemblers. On the left, where I worked, were the technicians who were mostly men. When I arrived that night, after Mr. Armstrong's visit, I asked the technicians on the day-shift how it went. I was told that Mr. Armstrong, accompanied by his entourage, had entered the clean-room and first visited the women in the assembly area. Then, as the technicians anxiously awaited his arrival, Mr. Armstrong and the group simply left the clean-room without coming to the technicians area at all!

I can only imagine the look on their faces when they realized they just got skunked by Neil Armstrong. Naturally, when I was told this, I remarked to them "You mean Neil Armstrong, the first man on the Moon, wouldn't even take one small step to come see you guys?"

They were not amused.

Don

All your worries won't add a day to your life, or make the ones you have any happier.
n1ps
Contributing

websdr http://sebagolakesdr.us:8901/

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »

A cool movie that relates:   https://archive.org/details/TheDish2000

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015