The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:35:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRS  (Read 3780 times)
Jim, W5JO

TRS
« on: July 11, 2019, 05:18:12 PM »

Has anyone heard if the purchaser of Transformer Rewinding Service has ever started up?
Lou W9LRS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »

Jim:
 Check out Blueglow Electronics, he purchased Gary's business. I don't think he is currently up and running.

Lou
W9LRS
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »

Jim:
 Check out Blueglow Electronics, he purchased Gary's business. I don't think he is currently up and running.

Lou
W9LRS

I have been looking at that site Lou.  There hasn't been a change since the announcement of the purchase. 
WZ1M

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 02:22:34 AM »

He had a major heart attack from what I heard and its going to be awhile before, if he does, open up the rewind service.
Regards,
Gary
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 03:48:36 PM »

Another resource to keep in mind is Electronic Products Design aka EPD in (IIRC) Wendall, NC. Peter and his daughter Michelle run this place, primarily designing and building new transformers but he can and does do rewinding, too. He checked a modulation transformer for me a few years back and discovered it was only an uninsulated lead arcing to the case.

Peter is at a lot of the shows like FrostFest, Raleigh, and others. Usually has a big, wide-brimmed hat on. Big transformers, windings, and other products displayed on their tables.

* EPD.JPG (231.71 KB, 960x638 - viewed 304 times.)

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 05:53:04 PM »

I'll second Peter.

He has would some monsters for me and friends.

For west coast people there are a few xformer people in the Los Angeles area as well. 

--Shane
KD6VXI
Lou W9LRS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 06:41:11 PM »

Sorry to hear about the heart attack. Thankfully they found an issue with me and corrected it before a chest grab.

Another source for custom built transformers is Heyboyer in Michigan. Arlyn doesn't rewind but will build a new one to your specs. He is very reasonable. Thanks for the info on EPD , i'll put them in the Roladex...HIHI

Lou
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »

I do hope the new owner of Gary's former business recovers well and gets things up an running. Gary did a couple jobs for me over the years and always did a good job.

We are part of an ever-shrinking group of folks who still have a need for big iron. Getting the word out and supporting the few businesses who still support our interest.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 04:24:11 PM »

For west coast people there are a few xformer people in the Los Angeles area as well. 
--Shane
KD6VXI

If you can, put their contact information on so I can make a note.  I live in the middle of the country and shipping is about the same either way. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015