The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manassas 2019  (Read 1546 times)
KA3EKH

« on: June 08, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »

I am thinking about going to the Manassas Hamfest on the 15th. It would take me a good three or three and a half hours to get there, I already drive to and sell at Frostfest in Richmond and that’s worth an equal long drive but have not been to Manassas in years and have to wonder if its worth the effort? How dose it compare to Frostfest? Same turn out or less? If I go this year would not be selling being that I am just about sold out after Dayton but just going to look at the stuff. The Washington / Richmond aria always provides a good source of Boat anchor and Military stuff.

Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »

Berryville is not as large as Frostfest but is a very good vintage equipment fest. If the weather is good, the crowd is pretty large. I'd recommed attending.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 10:49:02 AM »

Manassas has been a decent little event along the lines of Berryville - not huge, but good stuff.

One thing to keep in mind, though: this will be the first year at their new location. The fairgrounds where it was held for years has been sold off to be turned into housing and whatever else. The 'fest is only moving 4-5 miles away, but I'm not familiar with the spot they're moving to. Hope they do well.

Berryville is a must-attend if you like the old style hamfest. It's like stepping back 20-30 years with vintage gear and parts galore in a nice setting. Reminds me of a mini-Deerfield from days of yore.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015