Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
Navy MAK and the HY1269

The AM Forum
June 18, 2019, 05:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navy MAK and the HY1269  (Read 930 times)
KK4YY

Golí na vydumku khitra

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »

I'd always imagined copper and zinc plates hung in a spittoon.

As a matter of factor, I found a brass spittoon probably made in India and gave it to him on one of my visits. I envisioned it to be filled with some ungodly mixture of bacterial goodness but alas, his wife made a planter out of it per Tim Huh Huh Huh

Leaves one to wonder then...

Fate does not protect its worshipers any more than its deniers.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 10:11:47 PM »

I wonder how bigga battery needed for a Timtron transmission ?

I recall a hand cranked generator on a little stand with a built in seat that I was introduced to when I joined the Texas State Guard.
Fortunately the introduction was from another soldier's collection and not something for use during what they call "summer camp" which is a week long anual training in August. Haha that was pretty rough on some of us city boys, vs. the outdoorsmen and former military.
There were some big AGM batteries - but we moved them on ATVs or trucks and only carried a short ditance to a desk or ground pad.

So.. field day - ya get more points for battery ops. I bet a couple of 92AH AGMs would last the day especially if you used a static converter instead of a dynamotor.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KA3EKH

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 02:58:15 PM »

The project so far. Using a NARCO power supply modulator that provides +190 for the receiver plates and 350 volts with modulation for the PA. Everything runs from 12 volts DC for use in the field. The issue now is that at full power, about ten watts the modulation is distorted and the plate current is very low. If I tune to either side of the plate current dip to around 50 MA plate current modulation is good but power drops down to around four watts. Canít understand why the plate dips to almost no plate current and although that he highest output it produces the worst modulation.
If I use the internal modulator donít have this issue but the two additional modulator tubes suck an additional four amps of current and do not appear to get a lot of gain from the internal modulator but it will work. Using the external modulator I pull the two tubes out that were in parallel with the PA tube forming the hessing modulator.

* MAK19.JPG (1997.79 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 20 times.)
kg7bz
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »

If the externally modulated B+ is having to go through the internal modulation choke to reach the PA tube, you have a major impedance in series that's going to choke off the audio modulation. Running higher current probably partially saturates the choke, reducing it's impedance and letting more audio frequencies through.

August KG7BZ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015