The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "CPI" Watts  (Read 5104 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: March 27, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »

OK. Heard of RMS, PEP, Average, IHF Music Power, IPP, etc.

As detailed on Chinese audio amp sites and used in a joke here, what are "CPI" Watts? Chinese  vendors are quite serious about whatever this means.

joke http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=25835.msg193583#msg193583

Chinese audio amp sales sites:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIFI-EL34-tube-amplifier-Single-ended-Class-A-The-high-quality-vacuum-tube-10W-10W-All/32866913180.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/hood-1969-gold-seal-cpi-amplifier-electronic/203861822.html

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
kb2vxa

I modulate, therefore AM

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:45 PM »

Hams measure Bird watts, CBers measure Dosey watts (Bird watts X10) and CPI watts is mistranslated CPR (Chinese Peoples Republic) watts like driver stage became younger unit. This is the Chinese version of Glass Audio, ridiculously overpriced audiophoolishness. Load range 4-8 Euro? To quote Frank Zappa after a night at the Roxy; Now that's Cheepnis. (Play the song, the intro brings back memories of Saturday afternoon matinees.) Film production output Z11 output cattle? Stop, STOP! I can't take any more!!!

73 de Warren KB2VXA
Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 11:15:03 PM »

- bile is glass, beware of collision, the gallbladder machine with relatively high temperature
- the measurement time do not direct contact by hand pressure, but direct contact or a little tenderness

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:04:13 AM »

Bite the wax tadpole.

KLC

What? Me worry?
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 08:02:43 AM »

The wax tadpole is probably melted from being too close to the gallbladder machine. Translations are very unusual.

An imbalanced gallbladder can be caused by longstanding feelings of repressed anger, such as resentment, frustration, and irritability. Avoiding outbursts of anger will protect liver and gallbladder health.

If the gallbladder machine is the audio amp? then using it might ward off the above negative feelings ailments, earning it the moniker. Alternately, one could become angry and frustrated if they can't make the kit work, equally indicating the moniker.
I think the gallbladder itself is the vacuum tube.

"ShengYa CS-6 Gallstone Mixed Audio Amplifier High Power Hifi Home Theater Professional Audio Amplifier"
and the gallstone maybe also the tube and the semiconductor??
"he core of the amplification part is the hybrid and amplifying circuit of dc combined-type gallstone which has been developed and developed for years of experience. " (this thing cost $7000 btw)

Chinese has tons of characters and some are used in more than one way so that any translating automation used will mess it up! I regret I don't know anyone who could really explain this.

I like this board kit product though. It seems open to modding for all kind of uses. different tubes, higher volts, convert to push pull, etc. schematic is available.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EL34-amplifier-board-Single-ended-tube-amplifier-board-kit/32862810757.html

PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:41:06 AM »

And you can power the amp with this battery    https://www.banggood.com/68800mAh-4USB-Multi-Function-12V-Car-Jump-Starter-Power-Bank-Rechargable-Battery-p-1067453.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

68 amphours in only 28 cubic inch!!!!! and only 1.2 kG Thats more than a car battery!!!!
Here are the specs
Specification:
Type                                        Portable Car Jump Starter Power       
Color   Black
Capacity   68800mAh
Actual Capacity   16800mAh
Use life   3-5Years
USB Output   5V
Laptop Output   15V/16V/19V
Input   12V/1A
Starting Current   300A
Peak Current   600A
Operating Temperature   -20~80°C
Host Weight   App <500g
Set Weight   App <1.2kg
Size   App 170*80*30mm (L*W*H)

capacity 68 amphours
actual capacity 16 amphours

Huh?Huh  CPI amphours?
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »

what are "CPI" Watts? Chinese  vendors are quite serious about whatever this means.

CPI = Chinese Pecker Insertion ? Just a guess on my part so not very scientific I suppose? 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 08:46:07 AM »

CPI units:
CPI mAh: 68800
Standard mAh: 16800
Therefore
1 CPI Ampere-Hour = 0.2353 Standard Ampere-Hour
OK I see this is how to convert to standard units, the 'SI" , very scientific. It's clear now.

To convert any CPI unit to standard imperial, multiply it by 0.2353.
CPI = 0.2353 SII
1 C.P.I = 0.2353 standard imperial insertion?
Seems to lead to a constant K = 1.882
Not sure if that is correct. Things are going to be non-uniformly dimensioned. Could lead to engineering problems, but there are always workarounds.

KC2ZFA

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »

CPI may be the discharge rate the battery can sustain without catching fire...for the example just above, it seems that rate is 4...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015