The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:19:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2019 AM Rally Results are Here !!  (Read 1948 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: February 27, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

The 2019 AM Rally Results are in.

The results were revealed live on Ham Nation on Wednesday 27-Feb-2019 and can be found by clicking here -->  http://www.amrally.com/2019_results.htm

The Ham Nation broadcast will be on YouTube in a day or so for anyone who wants to see it.  Bob WB1GCM was live from the ARRL, I was live from my station along with Bob Heil and Gordon West (both coming from their respective shacks as well).

We had an amazing 970 folks who were logged during the event (many more participated, but 970 were logged!), and almost 2500 QSOs (logged).  108 logs were received - WELL over all previous years.

The event was great fun, and the 2020 event is already scheduled - the first weekend in February 2020 (including the last Friday in January starting at 7:00PM Eastern).

Do check out the results:  http://www.amrally.com/2019_results.htm

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
N1BCG

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:03:35 AM »

You can see the video of the announcement which was live on Bob Heil's Ham Nation podcast with Steve (WA1QIX), and Bob Allison (WB1GCM) at the ARRL HQ where the Gates BC1T transmitter was used for the event:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=67VfEdfRTkw#t=1m10s
KD1SH

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:18:34 PM »

Thanks for posting this, and thanks for all the work in breaking it up into such fun statistics; I'm really enjoying reading through all the various rig types.  And it warms my heart to see my humble little log nestled in there among all the "real" stations.  I almost didn't turn it in 'cause it seemed so pitiful, but now I'm glad I did.  It encourages me to set some goals for next year's Rally - maybe a better antenna, my first home-brew rig, more time behind the mic, etc...

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »

Thank you Steve for sponsoring and promoting this event.  Your efforts with the ARRL and with radio amateurs  in general have added a perceived legitimacy to AM and AM events that didn't previously exist.  Perhaps, some AM'ers want to continue to be seen as eccentric or non-compliant with the mainstream of ham radio, but that attitude only leads to continuing conflict  and battles over frequencies and bandwidth required by a mode that many see as an "outdated" waste of spectrum.  The fact that the ARRL is supporting and cooperating in this activity is really encouraging and, in my opinion, helps to cement AM as a continuing mode and activity which will be enjoyed by many now and in the future.  Many folks who participated in this event by "pushing the AM button" on their modern transceivers have leaned that AM is fun and enjoyable.  They may be the next operators that we hear on the air on AM running some old boat anchors or new home brew rigs and enthusiastically joining the AM fraternity.  Once the bug bites, it is amazing how people can become interested and enthralled by a new (to them) mode and  an operating practice that dates back to the early days of ham radio.  Once again, BRAVO Steve, for your efforts and I believe we will all benefit from them.

73,  Jack, W9GT

* fed167ba.jpg (1206.61 KB, 1944x2592 - viewed 201 times.)

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015