The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:21:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Viking on TV  (Read 1500 times)
KA3EKH

« on: February 22, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »

This is something I would never normally see but by accident I saw it today! At the university where I work I happen to maintain the campus cable television system. We have around one hundred and twenty five channels, mostly HD and all digital.
We get most of our programing from Dish Network and map all the channels we buy to our system. About a month or two ago Dish got into some form of pissing war with HBO so no more HBO on campus. It’s been decided that we have to stuff something in the six or so channels use to occupy and today I went to assign the new channels to what were the HBO channels. SEC Network and GetTV and junk like that. One of the channels was supposed to be something called Classic Arts Showcase but turns out they were not there but next to them was something called BYUtv (Dish 9406) and there was some old show on their called Coyote County Loser, don’t know if it’s a regular show or a movie. But it’s set in something that’s supposed to be a radio station that looks to be little more than a couple tape decks and a microphone but clearly visible in a number of the shots are two Johnson Viking transmitters stacked on top of a SP-600 receiver.
Most I have ever seen of a Johnson Viking on TV although don’t think I would want to suffer thru whatever that show was just to see it.

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »

IMDB -a 2009 movie.
"In the lonely American Southwest, life is slow for the desert inhabitants of Coyote County. Although it reflects the diversity and pride of the Coyote County residents, local talk radio station K-RAP.."

Lost interest when saw the call letters.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015