The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for No.40 Pilot Bulbs  (Read 2008 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: February 05, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

Similar in shape and size to a No.47 but with a threaded base instead of a bayonet base.
Not sure of voltage.   Need them for my Central Electronics 600L front panel meter, where they are mounted on a small plate in the bottom of the meter case. 600L schematic shows them wired in series and fed with 6.3 volts.  Any substitute needs to be the same size and shape to fit into the meter case.  Been coming up empty on Google searches. Anyone know of a source or have some you would be willing to part with?

Both went dead over the weekend, but not at the same time.  Which is odd if they are indeed wired in series as shown on the schematic.  A few months ago I saw one was not working, might have been loose in its base at the time, because tapping on the meter case brought it back on. The both indeed now test open with an ohmmeter.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:40 PM »

Thanks to those who responded to me via PM.  They are in fact 6.3 V bulbs.  Will take a careful look in how the meter mounting plate is wired, I suspect they are in fact in parallel and 600L schematic is in error.

Radio Daze sells a 10 pack for $3.95.  They also have many other uncommon bulbs.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015