The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone going to Frostfest?  (Read 7492 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: November 28, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »

Martha and I just made our reservations for Frostfest.  Now I have to figure out what to bring to sell!  I only reserved one table this time, but I am sure I can fill it.  Normally I sell out in about a hour.  Everything is priced to sell!   

Joe-W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »

I'll be there.
KA3EKH

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »

I have BH-005 and plan to be selling a bunch of parts and stuff. Always do well at Frostfest.
KA3EKH

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »

Yessir. Planning to be there with co-pilot in tow. Or maybe I have that backwards.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:38:11 PM »

Well, it will be good to see you Gents there.  I did get a table and will bring a few things to sell very fast ;-).

Joe-GMS   

Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »

Joe,
Enough of the cold. I just made my reservations!
See you there.
Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »

Joe,
Enough of the cold. I just made my reservations!
See you there.
Carl
/KPD

Great Carl!  Look forward to seeing you there.  Other than NEAR-Fest, its one of my favorites.  I have a table this year since I plan on taking some parts rigs to sell.  I need to make some more room in the GMS radio storage building!   Table is located at BP-004.

K4NYW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 03:50:36 PM »

JP K4OZY and I will be there. JP has been cleaning up his shack so may have some interesting stuff for sale. I'll probably go through the piles of stuff that I ought to let go and say "oh, I'll get around to fixing that some day"  and end up bringing a few boxes of miscellaneous parts....
As usual, I'll be on the lookout for US Navy radio gear and Model 28 teletype equipment.
Cheers,
Nick K4NYW

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »

JP K4OZY and I will be there. JP has been cleaning up his shack so may have some interesting stuff for sale. I'll probably go through the piles of stuff that I ought to let go and say "oh, I'll get around to fixing that some day"  and end up bringing a few boxes of miscellaneous parts....
As usual, I'll be on the lookout for US Navy radio gear and Model 28 teletype equipment.
Cheers,
Nick K4NYW

Hi Nick,

It will be good to see you and K4OZY this year.  We missed going last year due to attending Hamcation.  Will never make that mistake again!

Joe-W3GMS

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »

Got tickets last week, the whole family is attending this year. Turns out there's an Irish Feis (pronouced 'fesh', a dance competition) the same day as the 'fest' in Richmond. Our daughter has been dancing since she was 3 (now 6) and though she has attended Frostfest with me the last two years, this year she'll be at the feis with mom.

Did I mention that it is also at the Raceway complex? Yep, turns out she'll be right across the parking lot in the Old Dominion building. So if you need a break, change of scenery (Irish dancers tend to compare favorably to hamfest attendees in the visual department) or a good chuckle, wander on over. The competitions only last a few (2-3) minutes per group, and Caitlin will be competing 6 times. Age groups from 3 to 30+.

I'll be running to and fro, of course. I mean, it is Frostfest....

* HiThere.JPG (265.09 KB, 997x1500 - viewed 336 times.)

* Dance Group.JPG (398.02 KB, 1500x997 - viewed 341 times.)

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »

How convenient Todd!  Martha and I have had some great eye ball QSO's with Caitlin at Frostfest.  Looking forward to seeing your crew again.
Joe-GMS

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 02:24:59 PM »

Great when the whole family can have fun!

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 02:53:42 PM »

Martha and I have had some great eye ball QSO's with Caitlin at Frostfest.

Yep, she has mentioned it many times as she stayed at the table with Martha & you a couple times while I wandered down the aisle to chat with one of the old radio guys from MD. I told her you'd both be at Frostfest again so she's looking forward to seeing you.

She has improved considerably since the Reel demo she performed for the group before the Manassas 'fest. Photo attached of her current tally. Not bad considering she started dancing at 3, competing at 4, and hasn't competed since she was 5 (brag brag). The feis at Frostfest will be her first since turning 6.

Ray/KA3EKH has always given her some little trinket as well like a ECG transistor one year. She remembers everything of course and looks forward to going to 'fests with me, so it'll be interesting to see how she looks at splitting her time between events. 

* Medals.JPG (657.14 KB, 1341x2199 - viewed 279 times.)

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »

Cheers,
Nick K4NYW

Nick, see if JP can be cadged out of selling one of his TMC TAC tooners!  If so perhaps we can make a deal.

Will be there, look forward to seeing y'all there.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
KF4IZE

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 08:37:34 AM »

We'll be there for sure! Been going three years straight. Enjoy seeing the ole BAs; large AM contingent every year.

Will KF4IZE
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:10 AM »

Martha and I have had some great eye ball QSO's with Caitlin at Frostfest.
Yep, she has mentioned it many times as she stayed at the table with Martha & you a couple times while I wandered down the aisle to chat with one of the old radio guys from MD. I told her you'd both be at Frostfest again so she's looking forward to seeing you.
Ray/KA3EKH has always given her some little trinket as well like a ECG transistor one year. She remembers everything of course and looks forward to going to 'fests with me, so it'll be interesting to see how she looks at splitting her time between events. 

Glad she still remembers us Todd!  It will be great to see her again since its been awhile.
Joe

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 03:28:19 PM »

Grrr I dragged my feet buying a table and now they're all sold out.  Sent them a message asking if there is a waitlist, we'll see.

One of the best benefits of having a table is getting in beforehand so you don't have to wait outside in the line.... anyone buy a table they're not gonna use?

BTW Joe hopefully I'll remember to bring those 8005s from Frank's homebrew.  Really want to see that thing on the air!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »

Grrr I dragged my feet buying a table and now they're all sold out.  Sent them a message asking if there is a waitlist, we'll see.

One of the best benefits of having a table is getting in beforehand so you don't have to wait outside in the line.... anyone buy a table they're not gonna use?

BTW Joe hopefully I'll remember to bring those 8005s from Frank's homebrew.  Really want to see that thing on the air!

Yes, would appreciate bringing the 8005's.  With them, its a short punt getting the KB#AHE / N3DRB memorial transmitter on the air.  I do have a table, but planning on bringing some stuff to sell, mainly parts rigs and such.  If things so as in the past, I sell out pretty quickly and as I sell stuff you can use the space if you would like. 

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 09:30:46 PM »

Not gonna bring much, Joe, but if you let us help set up etc so we don't hafta wait in line I'll buy you and Martha dinner on Friday!

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 11:12:43 PM »

Not gonna bring much, Joe, but if you let us help set up etc so we don't hafta wait in line I'll buy you and Martha dinner on Friday!

Done deal!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015