The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another online SDR.  (Read 2010 times)
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« on: November 28, 2018, 02:20:59 PM »

I have one of those RTL-SDR's running online with a Spyverter converter in front of it. It works much better with a converter rather than using its direct sampling mode. To get to it install SDRsharp from airspy.com. Use the latest version naturally. In the "source" menu select spyserver network then click on the box to the right with the 3 dots in it. You will get a map of other spyserver radios. You can find mine in CT easiest by selecting "online" receivers. Select mine or another one then click on the highlighted IP line. The converter goes into a 20db attenuator, then into the RTL. This really helps with the overloading of the RTL. No bandpass filters, just a high pass type tuner. I won't work that well on the BCB right now. I don't have a high speed up-speed, so if you use Full Iq setting it wont work well unless you select a narrow bandwith. This is very easy to setup if you want to do it yourself. It won't always be there, so get it while you can........Larry
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 06:08:02 PM »

Link to it?
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »

https://airspy.com/download/
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Playing around with the server some more. I have it running on a Raspberry Pi now. It was on a Win7 machine. At the moment the RTL is running in direct sampling mode so it works up to 14.4 mhz only and you can get a load of how easily it gets overloaded by strong signals by itself. With the Spyverter connected it runs up to 60 Mhz and the overload is essentially nonexistant if you gain in SDR# at about 20 or less.  Later today or tomorrow I will connect the Spyverter and also attempt to add a second SDR dongle using my 6M antenna.
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015