The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:54:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obituary for Liz K4GHT  (Read 1662 times)
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« on: October 03, 2018, 03:03:22 PM »

Elizabeth Ann Wilson, born Oct 10 1953 in Owosso MI to Manley & Edna Wilson, went to be with her Savior peacefully on Sept 29, 2018. She is survived by the love of her life Sara McCarty, brothers Ron (Diann) and Jim (Linda) and many family and friends.

Liz served in the Navy in the 70’s as a P-3 Avionics Tech and aircrew at NAS Jax. She then worked for Grumman/Lockheed as a Spacecraft Operator working with NASA to configure Space Shuttle Orbiters. She returned to Jacksonville to start her own company Cell-Tel International, where for 26 years she managed record growth designing and building mobile wireless phone products for military and government clients including Department of Defense. Her entrepreneurial spirit led her to become an accomplished aerobatic pilot. She organized the Extra Experience formation flight team that flew airshows and gave passengers the thrill of a lifetime.

Liz also launched a successful catering company, Tin Lizzies. She was a licensed Ham radio operator, nationally known vintage radio restoration expert, electronics/wireless genius and WWII memorabilia collector. A funeral service to celebrate her incredible life will be held on her 65th birthday Oct 10 at 4:00 PM at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 4129 Oxford Ave, Jacksonville 32210 In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Community Hospice or to St. Marks Episcopal Church.

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »

So sorry to hear this news about Liz - K4GHT.  I heard her on the air many times from up in Michigan, but never had the pleasure of having a QSO with her. 

Last year at the Orlando Hamfest, I purchased a Misner Signal Shifter that had her call letters inside.  I guess it was part of sizing down.   

I have heard for many years now that she was having health issues, but I guess now was her time. 

Wishing all her friends all the strength possible as they mourn her passing.

Joe-W3GMS 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015