The AM Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:58:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New AM Net, "The Evening Edition"  (Read 3918 times)
K9ACT

« on: September 14, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »

As many of you know, I have been running the Noon Time Forum since 2006 and it has been a real pleasure to have a place for old buzzards to gas about the good old days and solve all the problems of the World.

We started on 80 and then moved to 40. In the past few years, propagation has changed drastically and we can no longer hear or talk to anyone less than several hundred miles away.

This problem has be alleviated somewhat by KC8ZUL streaming the audio from Columbus Ohio but as most hams prefer RF, it has limited appeal and sort of makes me a fifth wheel as Gerry can hear everyone and everyone hears him and almost nobody hears me anymore.

I have taken two measures to get back to a more cohesive sort of net.

First of all, I have passed the baton of the NTF to Gerry KC8Zul who is now official net control. I still check in but he runs it.

About two weeks ago, I inaugurated the "Evening Edition" on 80 meters and it seems to have been a good idea in spite of some sniping and sour grapes via the grapevine.

Because of Daylight Saving Time, I schedule based on GMT and leave it to the members to figure it out.

The schedule is 0100 GMT, M-F, on or around 3885. AM of course.

We of course, abide by the usual etiquette of Hams. If the freq is in use, we go somewhere else. Hopefully, as we become established, we can find some place to call home. If the band is so crowded with happy QSOs that we can't find a home, than we don't need a net anyway.

Comments welcome,

Jack K9ACT

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber, Gems,
Nature, Radio, Sheep, Sausage, Silver
         http://schmidling.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015