The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Radio Shop needs your vote  (Read 2933 times)
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« on: September 10, 2018, 03:13:04 PM »

Hey guys, Buddy, KC4UMO who runs the “The Radio Shop” on YouTube is participating in an on-line contest being sponsored by Deoxit, I’ve learned so much from Buddy’s videos and I’m sure some of you have also. How about visiting the link and voting for his video? His is The Radio Shop, top row, 2nd one.
https://caig.com/video-contest-2018-entry/

For those of you who haven’t seen his YouTube channel, check it out here – but beware because you may get addicted, as I have!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJpeSrEjtVk1YtRU3FrpQQ/videos

kc4umo

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:49:29 AM »

Thank you for that very nice mention.
The guy I am competing with has over 40k followers.
Going to be a tough one.

WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »

It's not about quantity, it's about quality! Since I've been following your channel I've learned quite a few tricks. It's making my restoration projects much more enjoyable and easier.
kc4umo

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »

It's not about quantity, it's about quality! Since I've been following your channel I've learned quite a few tricks. It's making my restoration projects much more enjoyable and easier.

That is exactly the way I see it. Quality and common sense repairs.

If all goes as plan I hope to pick up two Johnson Viking II transmitters.  If I do am going to do a complete restore series on these.

Thanks

WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »

Buddy, so when are you going to get on the air so we can talk with you? 75 / 40?
How did you make out with the storm - any damage?
kc4umo

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 02:27:20 PM »

My goal was to be on air by the summer begin. Did not happen. So much going on here and at work.
I have my Ranger 1 and Viking II all finished.  I need to restore the external VFO now for the VII.

Last Christmas I picked up a couple of Hammarlund receivers. 140-X and a 180. These are the rigs I want to use with the Johnsons.
The mistake I made was I continue to take in new work. So when I am in the shop the time is spent working on folks equipment.
As soon as tone of the Hammarlunds is restored I will be getting on air. Much better receiver than my Nationals.

Time has been my biggest problem. I never thought there was so much electronic radio repair left in the world today.  I get email after email asking me to do a repair.
Really cannot see a reason why a seasoned tech can not make a living  doing that as long as it is just general repairs. Restorations is another thing.
Folks may ask then why have I not quit my job and gone full time.  Well less than tree years left then I retire.

We made it through the storm ok. Lost a few shingles and that damaged a bathroom floor. Nothing I cannot fix. Heck I aam still making repairs from the one 2 years ago lol.

Keep listening for me. I will be on the air soon.

WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

OK, well I have a carcass of a 180 if you need any parts - let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015