The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:11:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Timmonium Party Recap!  (Read 7304 times)
The Slab Bacon

« on: April 03, 2005, 03:27:24 PM »

Despite pissing rain, torrential downpours, general horrible crappy wx, and a piss poor hamfest turnout the party was still a great success! However the success of the get-together is due in full to chemistry of the attendees. So with this I have to say thanks to all of guests that made this party a success. I also want to extend many thanks to all who contributed to the party. So to all of my guests and contributors, I have to say many thanks, it wouldn't have been a sucess without you!
         The guest turnout was much smaller than last year (around 25 or so compared to last year's 45 or so) but everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. Lots of beer was drank, lots of good food was consumed, and we all enjoyed the eyeball qsos!  So Again I have to say thanks to all of you and look foreward to doing it again next year!
                                                                          The Slab Bacon

Also be sure to see some of the pictures taken by Ken Barber, W2DTC in the announcements section of the forum!  

Here is the actual list of attendees:

N3IBX
                                                  N2YR      Mr. & Mrs.
                                                  WB3HUZ
                                                  K2DK      Mr. & Mrs.
                                                  WB2PQR  Mr. & Mrs.
                                                  W3GMS   Mr. & Mrs.
                                                  K3ZRF     Mr. & Mrs
                                                  WA3VJB  Mr. & Mrs
                                                  KB3CBC  & Heather
                                                  W2INR
                                                  W2DTC
                                                  W3JN
                                                  N3HIA      Mr. & Mrs.
                                                  K3JRR
                                                  WA3GFZ
                                                  WB2SYQ
                                                  Mr & Mrs Laurence Kridenoff (inlaws)
                                                  Mr & Mrs Tom Brown (non ham friends)

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:37:10 PM »

The thanks goes entirely to you and Carol for your hospitality and great company. The hamfest kinda sucked due to the WX, but the party at your place was great.
k3zrf

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:18:39 PM »

Can't thank you enough for the hospitality. Always a great time to be had by all, great eyeball qso's. Hope Henry enjoyed our company as much as we enjoy his. We'll be back!

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 10:05:37 AM »

Thanks to Frank and Carol for a great time.

The food, company, and drink was perfect.

Thanks again

Gary

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 10:51:57 PM »

Frank,Carol,
                 Many thanks again for your tremendous hospitality. I really had a great time and enjoyed talking to everyone there.

Last, but not least, I appreciate the generous helpings of your famous "birth control" cuisine. Lasagna, garlic dip, garlic meaty balls, etc. When I came home the xyl wouldn't come near me. I wonder why?HuhHuh?

Very Best Regards.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 07:11:20 AM »

I'll add to the thanks.... was a wonderful time and great company made up for a sucky hamfest.

Joe - did the Vortex survive the flood?  We were all hoping and praying for you.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 09:19:50 AM »

Quote from: w3jn

Joe - did the Vortex survive the flood?  We were all hoping and praying for you.

John,
      I appreciate you asking! When I got home there was about a 1/2" or so of water in different spots in the basement shack. I pushed it into the sump pump and it carried it away. The fun began the next day when the river started to rise, eventually overflowing into the Delaware Canal. The river and canal became one! It was terrible around here. The local fire company came to the door and told us to get ready to evacuate (snowballs chance in hell I'd do that). Some of my neighbors were complewtely flooded out, and the river kept rising. At 12:30AM the fire company knocked at my door and asked for permission to survey the berm of the canal on my property. I went out with then; and thankfully, due to my elevation on the canal I was spared. No water on my property, no damage to gear in the basemet, and no loss of life, damage, etc. I was going to send the xyl and four cats to the shelter whilst I emptied out the basement shack to the highest floor, if necessary. Unfortunately, due to the weight of the FRR-59, it was going to wind up as river fodder! The heavy stuff would have had to stay. Thank God, I was completely unscathed.

I greatly appreciate you asking, as well as the many calls and emails I received and offers for assistance. I'm overwhelmed by all the concern and feel priviledged to belong to the AM Community! AM is more than just an operating mode, it's the friendship that comes from being in a close knit community that really makes it worthwhile.

Very Best Regards,
                           Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W1IA

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 05:08:16 PM »

Quote from: Vortex Joe - N3IBX
Quote from: w3jn

John,
      I appreciate you asking! When I got home there was about a 1/2" or so of water in different spots in the basement shack. I pushed it into the sump pump and it carried it away. The fun began the next day when the river started to rise, eventually overflowing into the Delaware Canal. The river and canal became one! It was terrible around here. The local fire company came to the door and told us to get ready to evacuate (snowballs chance in hell I'd do that). Some of my neighbors were complewtely flooded out, and the river kept rising. At 12:30AM the fire company knocked at my door and asked for permission to survey the berm of the canal on my property. I went out with then; and thankfully, due to my elevation on the canal I was spared. No water on my property, no damage to gear in the basemet, and no loss of life, damage, etc. I was going to send the xyl and four cats to the shelter whilst I emptied out the basement shack to the highest floor, if necessary. Unfortunately, due to the weight of the FRR-59, it was going to wind up as river fodder! The heavy stuff would have had to stay. Thank God, I was completely unscathed.

I greatly appreciate you asking, as well as the many calls and emails I received and offers for assistance. I'm overwhelmed by all the concern and feel priviledged to belong to the AM Community! AM is more than just an operating mode, it's the friendship that comes from being in a close knit community that really makes it worthwhile.

Very Best Regards,
                           Joe Cro N3IBX

Great Joe...Tim tried to call you last nite, but I assume you were busy with clean up and getting some rest.
We all were concerned and happy to hear you got through it..

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 05:32:03 PM »

Brent,
        Timtron did call last night and it was good talking to him on the yhellowfonium. I explained that the xyl and I were alright and (thank God) everything was unscathed.

Again, many thanks for everyones concern. I truly appreciate it!

Joe Cro N3IBX

k3zrf

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

Joe,

Glad you survived the moisture. Good to see you following the 'wet fest'.
Been thinking about you.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 04:04:39 PM »

Quote from: k3zrf
Joe,

Glad you survived the moisture. Good to see you following the 'wet fest'.
Been thinking about you.

Dave - It was great seeing you and Pam too! Sorry I had to leave as early as I did, but I wanted to get home to "bail the basement". Fortunately, all was well.

BTW, the 805's didn't get sucked into the basement shack until it was dry.
Many, many thanks again for the deal! Got'em earmarked already for projects and spares.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015