The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the board (finally!)  (Read 3185 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: April 04, 2005, 11:41:38 AM »

Now, if I can just get back on the air....!

Greetings to all, it's been a long time coming but things are finally starting to turn in my favor. Read that as 'finally getting caught up' with Life in general, radio more specifically.

I've only managed to get back on AM a handful of times in the last decade, but I've listened some evenings and most weekends as time permitted. Also stayed in touch with some of you via email reflectors or gatherings like Hosstraders, Milton, or wherever else. Participated in BA talks with Rene K1MVP and Mr. Mike, W1RC at clubs meetings and hamfests to fill in the time between 'festers.

The homeowner thing really slowed me down a lot, since most free time is spent keeping the place from falling down around me. A 75m dipole was up for a while, but problems with the 32V simulcasting on three frequencies finally took me off in '94 or '95 and time hasn't allowed me to find the problems or get any wire back up in the air. Until now.

Hope to be back on 40 and 75 soon, thanks to help from 'UJR and others. Have a BC transmitter project to finish up this spring (still managed to accumulate things while off the air) and a few other loose ends to tie up. If all goes well I should be back on the air within two weeks.

If nothing else, I'll be at Hopkinton.

Good job with the board Gary and all others who helped. Many thanks. Please be patient while I learn all of the Ins and Outs of this new-fangled BBS contraption.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015