The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hammarlund sp 600 jx17  (Read 1911 times)
n9ghe

« on: July 25, 2018, 05:50:58 PM »

Hi All, well I am back working on old  radios. I have a sp 600 jx17 that was dropped off as a basket case.got it receiving so far. a lot of tube replacement so far but that's expected Had very low audio so I installed a 600ohm transformer to 8ohm  but still low audio. some site said to replace the 2 audio coupling capacitors with ones twice their value.But I am not to bright on reading schematics so where might they be. a picture would be appreciated Thanks Much. O by the way I got the viking 1 and the viking 1&1/2 working fine with all the help from this form  RED  N9GHE
MikeKE0ZUinkcmo

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 05:51:29 AM »

There are two excellent documents you should purchase if you are going to get that receiver back in working condition.   They will have the answer to virtually any and all technical questions you will ever have regarding the SP-600. 

First the military TM-11-851, available as a down load AVAILABLE HERE as a down load at the bottom of the page, or you can get a print copy, which I highly recommend, on Ebay.   The second is "The Anthology Of Technical References For The Hammarlund SP 600 And Its Variants".   These two documents will make you a virtual expert by the time you've finished reading them.   

I recommend you put the radio back to "stock" condition, then proceed with incorporating those modifications you consider necessary.   

HERE ARE PICS of my refurb process from a couple years ago.

Mike KE0ZU

Bold Text and PICS are usually links

https://mikeharrison.smugmug.com/
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:09:46 AM »

Thank you Mike.
just picked one up a few weeks ago. Got to finish the move and then hope to play with it.
Carl
WA1KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015