The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED RESISTANCE CHART  (Read 2071 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: May 31, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »

This is not exactly about ham radio but it's for my van that my mobile rig is in.

I am looking for a resistance chart for all the sensors that typically go into most if not all modern cars, trucks, and vans. There must be somewhere a list of the resistance values of the many sensors used in these vehicles? I have Googled myself to the point of going bat nuts looking for a list of the most common sensors in vehicles.

Does anyone have a source? It seems to me that this should be  a way to test these parts without having to buy a very expensive scanner that you would use with a laptop for example.  I have a nice scanner but it relies on engine codes but if your having a problem, a scanner code does not always show up for you to chase a problem.

I am not looking for help with my problem as one symptom can lead you to 75 different solutions for one problem! I just would like to find out what the manufactures specifications are in ohms for a given sensor.

Any help would be greatly appropriated.

Thanks Terry 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 02:32:52 AM »

Have only ever got something like that by purchasing the official shop manual. $$, and then dig through it for every trouble, section on testing every sensor. Not fun.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »

according to my car repair guru some of the sensors are not just resistive but 'smart' with digital outputs.... Toyota 96 and later uses an oxygen exhaust sensor that shifts frequency or pulse width as the oxygen level changes .... whew !! Tongue Tongue

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »

Most sensors that can have a quick go/no go test are of the older variety.  To get the requested resistance charts, as Opcom stated...  You usually need a factory service manual.  Gone are the days when Haynes or Chilton are worth anything.  Since they are owned by the same company, you get sanitary garage mechanic crap.

Be careful.  A LOT of the sensors are digital now.  Digital to the point of being able to talk and interact with the service equipment at a dealership.....  And for the better connected in dependant shops too.  Ie Hyundai Genesis system...  HUGE bucks, but cuts diagnostic time to minutes on any hyundai product it has the downloads for.

BMW.... 5 separate computer networks.  Not one is addressable by simple users except OBD-2.

You can purchase specific scanners for your make / model on eBay.  Some are bidirectional (programmers and scanners) that will allow you to change fuel maps, etc.

BUT, all the newer OBD 2 cars are pretty much not resistance measurement anymore.

--Shane
KD6VXI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015