The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:43:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS IT?  (Read 4843 times)
KB5MD
Contributing

« on: May 25, 2018, 12:39:45 PM »

What type of digital activity is on 14075?  It is not psk31 that is usually on 14070.  What is the name of the mode?
KL7OF

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »

as seen in Naknek, Alaska

* 14.075.PNG (1422.32 KB, 1735x1056 - viewed 334 times.)
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »

Am not a Hammie Digital person,

But,  14.076 is listed as a JT65 frequency.

Try this,   or similar Search Term in your favorite SearchMotor:

'      identifying ham radio digital modes     '

A number of sites have audio file samples of many,  many Digital modes,   and some have representative Waterfall examples.

FT8  is a fairly popular Digital mode,   recently,  do not know the FT8 watering hole on 20M,  however.

FWIW,   Vic
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »

Its probably FT8. That part of the band is loaded with FT8. It is extremely popular now. If it is FT8 the signals cycle through in 15 second intervals. JT65 is not as popular and usually slightly higher in freq in most bands with cycle times of about 1 minute per transmission.
Larry
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »

Well since this topic is about the 20mtr band and what's dat..am I alone in hearing this?..because here at my QTH this has been happening for well on two weeks now..a clock like ticking appearing at various places from 14.215 to well over 14.320..mostly in the phone portion..very strong..most times over S9..some days it "jumps" from freq to freq..on my rcvr covers from say 14.225 to 14.260..lots of tick tic occupying a lot of territory..sure sounds like WWV but no ID..time it appears varies from 1200UTC til sometimes beyond 1600UTC..it IS a daily event but I have not seen any reports of this..odd??..no the aliens are not in my back yard..the only thing out there is a 3 legged squirrel and an occasional barn owl..this is not an attempt to "steal" this topic from KB5MD but I wud like to know...tnx 73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 03:11:31 PM »

Take care Dave that it isn't a real clock. Heard that several times from simple clock mechanisms that seem to oscillate or just transmit harmonics of the steep pulse during driving the stepper. I even discarded a cheap Chinese clock in my shack for that reason, it gave pulses at the 15 Meter band, very wide.
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 06:11:25 PM »

Nico you just might be right but one thing is kinda odd..it DOES jump freq w/in the 20mtr band..for instance at 14.228 only to jump after a minute or two to 14.265..and on top of that it DOES vary in sig strength from as low as S5 to 20 over..add to that it's there on Monday but not Tuesday etc etc..I'll reshuffle my original post to say that it appears to be daily but maybe not..OK tell ya what since it's an early morning thingy here..if it reappears tomorrow I'll get one of the locals that gather to yak on 10mtrs to take a listen on 20..I wanted to do just that for awhile now but the usual when it shows up no one local is around or I forget..cue in the theme song from the Twilight Zone if ya want..honestly I can't imagine a clock here since nuttin new has come here for several years in the way of a clock or an appliance a built in clock..I will report back and thank you for ur insight..like I said you cud be right!
                                                              73 de DAVE

PA0NVD

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »

High Dave
That it does jump frequency behaves different from day to day (temperature?) doesn't surprise me, There is no nice tank circuit.
I hope you find it Dave, keep me posted, it may help other people
Nico
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 04:16:51 PM »

True to form not one itty bitty tic or toc today..ah well Nico suggested a clock either by itself or installed somewhere here..it might just be a clock installed in our coffee maker which decided about a month ago not to turn on or keep the correct time..and to add to that I wud venture into the kitchen for another cup only to find the delay brew lite lit up..strange..well now I'm a waiting on the "tic-toc" on the band to re-appear and maybe just maybe dat be the culprit..for now we have been brewing by punching the on button but we have to turn it off because the 2 hour feature don't work either..if this is the bad apple I will report back
                                           waiting on the tic toc   73 de DAVE

PA0NVD

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »

Wow, waiting for the qrm to appear. The rest of our world is waiting for it to DISAPPEAR
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

Well my tic tic tic is back..on 20mtrs..no other band..this time I had the gud fortune of having KB1NZQ Karl who lives approx 5 miles from my location to listen in..14.308 was where it was centered..it's very wide believe me..he reported it was the same sig strength at his location..S9 plus 10..but it does vary down to S7 then rapidly comes back..lasted approx 4 minutes and it was gone not to be heard for the rest of the listening/scanning..now to be honest I have heard it twice b/4 since posting last time but could find no one to verify..so don't que in the Twilight Zone theme..it's for sure happening at least in So Maine..on 20mtrs and mostly between 9:00am to 12:00 noon EST..sorta like listening to WWV without the "time at the tone is.."maybe una-bomber?..nah!  73 de DAVE
BTW..as I said b/4 this thingy changes freq w/n 14.220 to 14.320..usually S9 or slightly higher with QSB..4 or 5 mins then gone??

PA0NVD

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:22 AM »

Definitely no clock!. Can it be a superDARN radar from the CUTLASS ionospheric radar system?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015