The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downsizing: BC-500 / 20V2 and other stuff  (Read 1904 times)
wd9ive
Contributing

« on: August 02, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »

I need to downsize and have a few boatanchors to let go. I'm not looking to get rich off of any of this stuff but wont give it away either. I'd just like to get a fair price and see it go to a good home.
Items located in North central Illinois, I wont ship anything listed here. Most of the items listed I have not fired up in several years but if you have interest in anything I'll send photos and fire up to assess operating condition.

Items:

Gates BC-500: modified to operate on 160. Worked well last time I was on it and expect it's fine, will fire it up if someone is interested in it. Have some spare stuff for this xmtr including iron and glass.

Collins 20V2: restoration project I never finished, not working but most everything is there. Cosmetically ok but needs electrical restoration mod iron looks newer. (SOLD)

Globe King 500: (SOLD)

Globe Champ 300: not working needs repair, I think it has an issue with the oscillator. I've had it for about 20 years and it did work, I modified it to use 5894 finals. It quit working several years ago and I never got around to putting on the bench. I believe all the iron is good, it powers up (doesn't blow any fuses), etc. (SOLD)

R390 receiver; this one was made by Stewart Warner. Works OK, has a very very faint AC hum with no signal present so may need new filter caps.(SOLD)

National NC183 with matching speaker: cosmetically pretty good, works but a bit deaf. probably needs a good alignment. I believe have a spare set of tubes for this rcvr.

Drake R4-A rcvr. cosmetically ok, working ok last time I used it.some extra xtals for other frequencies.(SOLD)

If you're interested in anything listed here let me know and I'll send more detail, photos and assess operating status.

email wd9ive@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015