The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:16:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So just what can one post in the QSO Section ??  (Read 6805 times)
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« on: March 23, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »

This post is in response to several emails I have received.

So just what can one post in the QSO Section ?

There would be no way to actually define the line. The line isn't clear and I would not expect anyone to think it is.

Here is how I see it .

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. I believe anyone coming to a radio site is entitiled to reading about radio.

I would like to share and discuss other subjects with my radio friends such as model railroading,Harleys, UFO's, cars, hobbies, etc etc etc. And yes I would like to be able to discuss current events from time to time and throw in a joke here and there. I don't think it is the content more than the demeanor of the subjects at hand. You know just like in a QSO.

I have never been in a QSO where we were discussing flushing one's penis down a toilet,( well pretty close) or makng ANTI AMERICAN statements under the guise of freedom of speech. I could go on but you get my drift.

This is a radio site. We are for the most part all radio amateurs. So the main topics should be what the main topics on the airwaves would be. The topics should be what people come here in the first place for- -Radio , ants, building, parts, selling and buying stuff etc etc etc. I said main topics so yes there are avenues for oher topics to be discussed.

Test the waters - - just don't splash anyone in the pool. The lifeguards are very sensitive to that.

Here is another way to look at it

This site is rated "G" Cool

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 01:07:42 PM »

Historically, sex, religion and politics have been off-limits in on-the-air QSOs.  Anyway, there's the Inquirer for anything that doesn't fit here.

Thanks for the board, G!  73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 01:38:43 PM »

Quote from: w3jn
Historically, sex, religion and politics have been off-limits in on-the-air QSOs.  Anyway, there's the Inquirer for anything that doesn't fit here.

Thanks for the board, G!  73 John

Maybe back in the "old" days, but today, on the air bible discussion round-tables, gay pride discussion groups, political discussion round-tables are common on a number of amateur frequencies.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 01:50:04 PM »

This is a radio site. We are for the most part all radio amateurs. So the main topics should be what the main topics on the airwaves would be. The topics should be what people come here in the first place for- -Radio , ants, building, parts, selling and buying stuff etc etc etc. I said main topics so yes there are avenues for oher topics to be discussed.

Seems pretty clear to me!
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »

Good Evening Everyone,

Ya know when i ran into the group here online How Long Ago..?, and i found the Circuit to be tuned to Carrier Wave transmissons and Home Built Equipment, and just some damn good ornyness, and I thought to myself Man I have landed...

Now Please, Write about anything that you want, Within Reason of the Guidlines..Please Do...It's here for Our Use...Provided by a Wonderful fella....Just be Nice to one another..it's what it says in the Good Book...How hard is that...?
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:15:14 AM »

Jack said:
Just be Nice to one another..it's what it says in the Good Book...How hard is that...?

Is that the:

OR

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »

Maybe back in the "old" days, but today, on the air bible discussion round-tables, gay pride discussion groups, political discussion round-tables are common on a number of amateur frequencies.

And that can still be done ......
On the AM Inquirer !!!!

W2INR wrote:
This is a radio site.

Disclaimer: These statements are in no way meant to speak for the Site Admins or moderators group as a whole. These are MY personal opinions alone. Nothing more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015