The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:44:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is planning on making NEAR-Fest next week?  (Read 7220 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: April 24, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »

Looking forward to seeing those that will be making NEAR-Fest on May 4th and 5th next week.  Remember the AM dinner on Friday evening at Johnson's Steak and Seafood.  We normally gather there around 7PM.  It would be good to hear of those that are planning on attending the best Hamfest in the world!

If your looking for any particular gear, let me know and if its a duplicate in my museum, I can gladly bring it along.  

Joe-W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »

I will be there on Fryday... for the day.

W2TRH is driving out as well...

Hope more folks will wear something to ID themselves??
Hard to know what people look like that you have never seen or met!

I wear a WB2GCR name tag on my brown sportsman's vest.
If you should see me, please say hello. Cheesy

Joe, if you have any more ~$100 R-388s or similar, I'm game. Cheesy
I am looking for a sealed type power xfmr for the 388 also.
Need R-390 knobs... any condition.

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:39:33 PM »

I will be there on Fryday... for the day.

W2TRH is driving out as well...

Hope more folks will wear something to ID themselves??
Hard to know what people look like that you have never seen or met!

I wear a WB2GCR name tag on my brown sportsman's vest.
If you should see me, please say hello. Cheesy

Joe, if you have any more ~$100 R-388s or similar, I'm game. Cheesy
I am looking for a sealed type power xfmr for the 388 also.
Need R-390 knobs... any condition.

_-_-bear

Hi Bear,
Well, we will look out for you.  I normally wear just a name tag, but I do have a hat with my call-sign on it.  Never really been a hat guy! 

Can you make the AM dinner on Friday night? 

Nope none of the stuff you want I have.  I am donating an R-390A to a friend though. 

CU next week.

Joe-GMS

Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »

I'll be there both days with Ron-K1VYU, Harry- WE1X, Dave- WA1ZVD, and for one day Al-W1UX

Looking for a self supporting crank over 40 ft+ tower for my 6 and 2 meter beams. Can you lash that to the yeller car?
Carl
WA1KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »

Hi Bear,
Well, we will look out for you.  I normally wear just a name tag, but I do have a hat with my call-sign on it.  Never really been a hat guy! 

Joe-GMS

Yep, we met last time I was there.
I heard your voice.
Otherwise, I'd never have known.

No can make the din-din... have to lift anchors and sail off into the sunset before then. Sad

_-_-

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Looking for a Heathkit HP-23 or HP-23A power supply, an 813 tube (American made NOS or excellent used), and a set of 80 Meter coils for my Millen 90800 exciter. The Millen part number for the coils, which is usually stamped on the ceramic bar, is 43082. Need two of them. Now I have little hope of finding the coils, so I'll settle for the ceramic plug that the Millen coils were built on and I will wind my own coils. See the photo for what it looks like. The pins are spaced 1/2" apart. I need a plug with only four pins like the one in the photo, but a five pin plug will do as well.

Looking forward to meeting up with old friends, and making some new ones.

Jim

* Millen 43082 Coil.pdf (371.14 KB - downloaded 182 times.)

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:23:26 PM »

I'll be there both days with Ron-K1VYU, Harry- WE1X, Dave- WA1ZVD, and for one day Al-W1UX

Looking for a self supporting crank over 40 ft+ tower for my 6 and 2 meter beams. Can you lash that to the yeller car?
Carl
WA1KPD

Sadly Carl, Martha will not have the new Challenger for another 8 weeks since that is the build time.  If she had it by NEAR-Fest, I would certainly strap the tower to the roof and deliver it to you.  If I did that, I think I would be camping out at your place for a very long time ;-).

Joe-GMS   

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Looking for a Heathkit HP-23 or HP-23A power supply, an 813 tube (American made NOS or excellent used), and a set of 80 Meter coils for my Millen 90800 exciter. The Millen part number for the coils, which is usually stamped on the ceramic bar, is 43082. Need two of them. Now I have little hope of finding the coils, so I'll settle for the ceramic plug that the Millen coils were built on and I will wind my own coils. See the photo for what it looks like. The pins are spaced 1/2" apart. I need a plug with only four pins like the one in the photo, but a five pin plug will do as well.

Jim

Am I supposed to bring anything for you Jim?   I know you were on the fence for the receiver.  Glad you making it this year.   

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »

Carl
WA1KPD

Especially good to hear that Harry will be making it. 

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 10:28:43 PM »

Hi Bear,

Joe-GMS

Yep, we met last time I was there.
I heard your voice.
Otherwise, I'd never have known.

No can make the din-din... have to lift anchors and sail off into the sunset before then. Sad

_-_-

Well sorry you will not be making the dinner but at least your making the Fester!  Hope to catch up with you.  Keep listening for the voice ;-).   

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:31:59 PM »

Jim

Am I supposed to bring anything for you Jim?   I know you were on the fence for the receiver.  Glad you making it this year.   

Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 06:47:11 AM »

No Joe, we're all good. I have to pass on the receiver. I just can't make it work right now with regard to physical space. I'll have the 7603 scope for you.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »

No Joe, we're all good. I have to pass on the receiver. I just can't make it work right now with regard to physical space. I'll have the 7603 scope for you.

Very good Jim and thanks in advance for the scope.

Joe 

KZ3AB

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »

Looking forward to seeing those that will be making NEAR-Fest on May 4th and 5th next week.  Remember the AM dinner on Friday evening at Johnson's Steak and Seafood.  We normally gather there around 7PM.  It would be good to hear of those that are planning on attending the best Hamfest in the world!

If your looking for any particular gear, let me know and if its a duplicate in my museum, I can gladly bring it along.  

Joe-W3GMS

Fran, W3SCC, and I, KZ3AB, plan to attend NEARfest.  We and our XYLs also plan to attend the 'AM Dinner' at Johnson's Steak and Seafood Restaurant. 

Fran will be bringing some 'heavy iron' and I plan to bring a T-368, a DX-100 (for parts), a DX-100B (needing help) and several tower sections of Rohn 20G and Rohn 25G with 10 foot 'Anti-Climbing' galvanized sheets on a trailer.

All will be reasonably priced.  We don't want to take anything back home, so look for us.

Thanks to you, Joe, and Mr Mike for all your support. 

Al (KZ3AB) and Fran (W3SCC)

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 06:41:34 PM »

Joe-W3GMS

Very much looking forward to seeing you, Fran and your wives at the Fester AL.  You will love NEAR-Fest since it much more than a typical Hamfest and more like an experience with a great setting. Not like the other Hamfest that are held in parking lots.  Its a beautiful grove like setting and you will notice that everybody has a smile on there face! For tailgating its the best.  We have great commercial vendors as well. 

Joe-W3GMS     

Fran, W3SCC, and I, KZ3AB, plan to attend NEARfest.  We and our XYLs also plan to attend the 'AM Dinner' at Johnson's Steak and Seafood Restaurant. 

Fran will be bringing some 'heavy iron' and I plan to bring a T-368, a DX-100 (for parts), a DX-100B (needing help) and several tower sections of Rohn 20G and Rohn 25G with 10 foot 'Anti-Climbing' galvanized sheets on a trailer.

All will be reasonably priced.  We don't want to take anything back home, so look for us.

Thanks to you, Joe, and Mr Mike for all your support. 

Al (KZ3AB) and Fran (W3SCC)

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 09:53:26 PM »

Just heard from Al Brown-KZ3AB and his trailer is loaded and ready to leave for NEAR-Fest.  Looks like he is bringing some goodies for sure! 

Many sections of Rohn tower, Rohn anti-climb sheets, and his T-368F transmitter.  He says his Tahoe is filled with a Heathkit DX-100 (parts, cheap), a DX-100B (needs work, blows fuses), a Hallicrafters SP-600-JX-17 with RED knobs, a Thordason multi-tap modulation transformer, Ten-Tec Xcvr+pwr supply, Command Sets, and much more small stuff.

Al will be tailgating with Fran W3SCC who is bringing some heavy iron as well along with other items. 

I was really hoping that Al would get back on AM with his T-3, but I guess not.

Joe-GMS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015