The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: missed two x 813 at Epay?  (Read 1602 times)
PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« on: April 08, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »

I found two 813 tubes at Epay and did offer. The tubes should be sent to Csta Rica per priority mail according the offer. Now I won, like to pay and got a message that the tubes will NOT be sent to Costa Rica and that I have to change my address (Huh? I live here Huh)
Seems quite odd to me, so I did not pay and filed a complain. First time experience with Epay not too good
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:10:35 AM »

A lot of sellers are anal about sending things out of the country.

They seem to think it requires a boat load of customs paperwork, etc.

If you need some help, I'd be glad to accept some stuff for you and forward it on. No charge, other than actual postage bud.  I KNOW how hard it can be to get parts!

Costa Rica.  That was my retirement plan at one time.  //jealous//!!!!

--Shane
KD6VXI
PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »

Hi Shane
That's very nice of you to offer some help when the seller doesn't want to sent to CR. Highly appreciated. Fortunately Ebay did react upon my complaint and did allow sending to CR, so this problem is solved. But there are many sellers that do NOT sent to CR, so in future you never know. Indeed it is impossible to buy stuff here, you have to import everything. In addition, when things pass the customs, it has value and they like it, it may never end up in your house....
I think I found one of the best spots in CR, nice temperature, every day 28 degr.C and every night 22 degr.C. NO AC or heating required here. In winter lots of rain, so an abundant nature, everything nice and green. Close by the rain forest with all kind of animals, big cats, Pizotes, Apes in the trees (here called Congos, you hear them hauling every day), snakes, many beautiful birds, etc. At the coasts, the summer temperatures are really too hot for me.  When the house is ready, we will have a spare room, so if you need an escape..... There are very many of your country fellow men living here, they are called Gringos. Even bars and restaurants have sometimes Gringo nights!! Super fine people those Ticos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015