The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:38:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean H McGorril WA1KNX SK  (Read 12015 times)
ka1tdq

Red part turned in for a refund.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:20 AM »

I only spoke with Dean a few times on the air after I moved to Arizona.  It does seem weird that after speaking with someone that they're gone.  It gives life a little more perspective.  I am absolutely by no means making light of the situation, but it makes you think about how much time we have left.  So, build faster!  Seriously.

Jon

It’s not just values, it’s business.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »

I thought I would chime in here and say something. I only spoke with Dean perhaps 6 times and one of the contacts was just after he got set up in AZ. He was always pleasant to talk to. The better part of this is that many of you fellows out there have some history with him that goes back too the early nineties & perhaps earlier? We all go to soon and lately, the process seems to be speeding up?

RIP Dean, good to have known you!

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »

Well its been about 1.5 years since Dean passed away but a long time friend of his and mine wanted to post a picture of WA1KNX and Brian W1LYD. (formally know as N1HUT Hemorrhoids, Ulcers, and Tumors)  

Brian says that he may not be the most proficient person when it comes to uploads etc and asked me to convey his condolences along with the attached picture of Dean whom at the time of the picture, had not seen each other in over 20 years.    

Hi terry, deano was a fixture on the big 85 in new england for many years, before moving to Yuma,Az. He had set up 3 verticals for late night qso's with his friends in new england,on the big 85... I met him at the Yuma,Az. Hamfest after not seeing him for 20 yrs. Or so.

I held the record for working Deano on two occasions over two years as his first contact from this area when he returned to AZ. I never received my trophy for this momentous occasion??

* Wa1knx Deano es W1lyd Brian.jpg (681.47 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 396 times.)

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
K2AEP

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »

Sad to Learn of Deano's Passing,  I Remember Him Calling Me on the Telephone Inquiring about Jobs in VT,  unfortunately There are very Few in His Field,  He Then Decided to Search in AZ where He eventually ended up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015