The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:42:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moved to Costa Rica  (Read 2373 times)
PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« on: March 01, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

I am back, but from off Costa Rica
After 20 years living in Spain I moved to Costa Rica last year Nov. We bought a property in Nuevo Arenal, nice high and free, and are building a house. Of course with a nice shack where all the AM equipment will find a place. I hope to have my reciprokal licence TI7/PA0NVD this autum. It will be quite difficult to get permission to use the old equipment here, lets hope they will permit it.
I will make a 1/2 wave vertical antenna for 40 with a 1/2 wave passive subradiator wire for 20 along the lower half of the vertical. That effectively will divide the antenna in two half wave verticals above each other, giving a very nice low radiation, almost constant between 8 and 50 degrees (-3dB), very much better than a full wave vertical. This wire does not have any influence for 40.
Upto now, all my stuff in in a container at my property waiting until the house is ready. Unfortunately, the CR customs has robbed some stuff, but not the radios, they were not interested in that.
Glad to be back
Regards from beautiful Costa Rica
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 06:52:51 AM »

Hope to hear you on soon - maybe 20 or 15 meters for an AM QSO.
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »

Congratulations!

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
PA0NVD

Nico and Chappie (Chappie is the dog...)

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »

Thanks
Really fine here, wonderful people, open and super friendly. And the climate in Nuevo Arenal is the best there is. Every night approx 22 degr. C and every day approx 28 degr C the whole year around. And every day or night rain, everything is super green. No need to water the garden here. No need for airco nor heater. At the coast it is HOT, there it is hard to survive without an airco.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015