The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shure Brothers Model M68FC Professional Microphone Mixer: Sold! Thanks AMfone!!  (Read 1627 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: February 17, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »

I am doing my annual shack clean-out, and I have the following item that is now surplus to my needs:

One (1) used and tested Shure Brothers Model M68FC Professional Microphone Mixer. This well-made (made in the U.S.A.) unit will accept up to four standard low impedance (150 to 600 ohm) or high impedance balanced or unbalanced microphone inputs via rear-mounted XLR connectors, and provide a 600 ohm balanced or unbalanced audio output, also via a rear-mounted XLR connector. The input impedance is switch-selectable for each input channel; the input impedance switches are located on the rear panel of the unit. The M68FC operates from standard 120 VAC line power.

The input gain controls and master gain output control are quiet, and exhibit no noise throughout their rotation.

Here are the specifications for this unit:

Type: Transistorized

Frequency Response: 30 to 20,000 Hz.

Power Consumption: 3 watts.

Microphone Inputs: Accepts Dynamic or Ribbon microphones (not recommended for crystal or ceramic microphones), either high or low impedance (balanced or unbalanced)

Input impedance for each microphone is selected by a slide switch. You can use one type or model microphone, or mix several types and impedances.

Auxiliary Input: High level: accepts tape recorder, phonograph or tuner inputs

Controls: Four individual Microphone Volume Controls to raise or lower the level of sound from each microphone, or to cut microphones in and out at will. Auxiliary Input Volume Control controls sound level of tape recorder, phonograph, or tuner. Master Volume Control simultaneously adjusts the volume of all five inputs.  On -Off switch and Pilot Light.

Outputs: Two outputs: one provides high or low impedance output for connection to the microphone input of a sound system amplifier or tape recorder. Impedance is selected by switch. The other provides a high impedance, high level output designed primarily to feed a power amplifier or tape recorder requiring 0.5 to 2 volts.

This unit is in very good cosmetic condition, with light wear from normal use.

The M67 would make a great sounding and versatile microphone preamplifier or mixer for use with any high fidelity AM or ESSB transmitter or professional-grade sound system.

The price is $25.00, plus the cost of shipment to your QTH from my zip code 11725.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this item; my e-mail is triodes@optonline.net

Thanks & 73,

Bruce, W2XR

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015