The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:03:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The AM Rally is over, but we really need your logs. It's important because...  (Read 1722 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »

The AM Rally by all empirical evidence (IE lots of activity, bands busy with AM, etc) was a rousing success - but - we really need you to send in your log so we can quantify all of this activity.

That is the only way we _really_ know.

Why is this information so important?  Over the years, many people have stated that AM is a dying mode; no one operates AM anymore;  AM is obsolete so let's create a rule to make AM illegal (or impractical), etc. etc. etc.

The data we receive proves with hard numbers that AM is indeed vital and alive and a main stream amateur mode !  But, we can't show much of anything without the numbers Smiley

Even if you only made a few contact, please send it in by any means.  If you used the AM Rally software, upload to the server.  If you used some other logging software, save the log in some format such as csv, text or whatever and email it to logs@amrally.com

If you kept paper, take a picture or pictures and email it to the above address, or make a copy and mail it to:

Radio Engineering Associates
Attn:  AM Rally Logging
79 Tyler Rd
Townsend, MA 01469

Thank you !

From the AM Rally "Crew":

N1BCG, Clark
KB3WFV, Brian
WA1QIX, Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:17:58 PM »

Steve did you receive my log that I had to send to your e-mail address? The address on the AMRALLY page would not accept Gmail. I included the bounced file with my log.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »

Steve did you receive my log that I had to send to your e-mail address? The address on the AMRALLY page would not accept Gmail. I included the bounced file with my log.

Yes, received all ok- thanks!  I fixed the problem that you were having when sending to logs@amrally.com.  The mailbox didn't exist yet :-).  I hadn't created it - and forgot.  But, was quickly rectified.

Thanks!  Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015