The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:53:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 AM alive and well  (Read 18011 times)
wa1sth
Contributing

« on: August 24, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »

Been working 20 between 8 and 9pm eastern...14.330 or in the area of that.  I have been calling CQ and getting MANY responses...it has been a lot of fun.  Mostly people who are new to AM and are using the good old standard rice box of varying types.  Most are making there very first AM contact and enjoy it very much.  Some are people who did AM 40 years or so ago and are just revisiting the mode.  I actually get pileups of people just wanting to try AM....like I said lots of fun...sooooooooooooo...IF you think there is no AM activity trying calling CQ and join the fun...73's
N5DMC

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »

Found this topic and my findings are exactly like what have been stated. Calling CQ on 20m AM, and worked each coast. Had 3 waiting & 2 were telling me that it their very first AM mode transmission. We spoke about the great sound of AM, and them I steered them to their local 80 early morning nets. Now that was fun! Looking forward to doing it again soon.

Best
Doug
N5DMC
n4joy

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »

What days are you typically working 20?
wa1sth
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »

If you want varying and interesting contacts on AM go to on or about 14.330 and call CQ..everytime I do it I get multiple contacts.  You will introducing many operators to the AM mode.  Many of my contacts have never been on AM before and truly enjoy the experience.  So go ahead, call CQ be persistent and you will enjoy some interesting contacts.  73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015