Collins 300G Tuning motors

(1/7) > >>

KB3WFV:
I am looking for information or suggestions on how to repair/replace the tuning motors in a Collins 300G.

Are replacements available?

Is there a retrofit?

Can the existing motors be repaired or rebuilt?

Thanks
Brian
KB3WFV

Opcom:
I would guess yes if the right motor shop is found and it will take some searching.

The only odd things are the 24VAC power, small size, and whether the shop can do small units as today it is the large units that are considered 'worth it' and the tools or machine shop may be oriented toward that side. They are regular induction motors, right? well so is the motor in my radio shack antenna rotor, so there's nothing weird about it at all.

I'd bet the motors are a third party manufacturer so it may not be a real big deal. There is a shop in Gran Prarie TX that did a 1930s 208V 3HP 3 phase motor for a friend a few years ago. It came back like new. searching https://www.thomasnet.com/  and/or 'manta' for motor rewinding-repair service may be better than trying to use google for this specialty.

KA2DZT:
What does the motor look like??  Maybe a picture?

Fred

WZ1M:
Yes, a picture would be great.I mite be able to rewind them for you.
Regards,
Gary

w3jn:
Unless the windings are fried, the problem is most likely brushes or bearings, or both.  Do the motors turn at all?  If so, it's probably gummed up bearings.  Take the motor apart, lube with appropriate synthetic oil or grease.  Bearings can also be replaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands