The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:57:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Bazooka Inverted L ?  (Read 5282 times)
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« on: November 14, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »

I cam across an ad for a company selling a "double bazooka inverted L" antenna. I know what a double bazooka is and I know what an Inverted L is. Ran a Google search and everything seems to indirectly reference this IAC antenna. Anyone have a clue how they've combined the two designs?
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »

I saw that and it looked to me like just one side of a double bazooka dipole, now how they feed it i have no clue. All i know is a double bazooka sucks, they're supposed to be quieter than a normal dipole but i have a dipole up now fed with open wire line that is much quieter.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:08 PM »

I love these whacky names for antennas. Double Bazooka?? Does it BLAST out RF waves? Or does it give you a KILLER signal?

It's a dipole made out of coax (a bad idea). But that doesn't sound cool.  Roll Eyes

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »

It blows big bubbles and is easy to chew.

KLC

What? Me worry?
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 11:31:00 AM »

How about a Double Yagi Inverted L! Wink

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »

How about an oil filled 2 inch copper pipe loop designed for 75 meters? The oil in the pipe would keep the loop cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter depending if it were shaded or in open air. A plastic pipe to an oil heater with a circular pump could keep it at a constant temperature or you could crank it up and be able to brag about a HOT antenna! Just saying?? 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KzeroCOM
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »

I bought one from them for 80 meters.  The antenna is made from a combination of a driven coaxial element and a tuned stub at the far end. At the feedpoint the outside braid is fed and the inside conductor is ground.  The coaxial element is then shorted at the far end and a tuning stub is attached.  The IAC uses RG8X for the driven element and heavy duty 300 ohm for the tuned stub.  I put it up as recommended.  It's working OK.  It's fairly wide banded.  seems to work DX much better than local stuff.  I had one of their dipoles up for years of this design and it also worked very well. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015