The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hallicrafters HT-9 Information needed  (Read 1632 times)
K8JLY

« on: November 04, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »

Is there a source of information that would help me date my HT-9 by serial number.  I understand that pre-war models were black and post-war models were gray.  The unit I have had been repainted years ago.  I have not been able to
locate a register or other information on Hallicrafters serial number look up.  Any help that may lead me to discover approximately what year my rig was made would be appreciated.

tnx.... Cid   K8JLY
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »

Have you contacted the persons or admins at various sites devoted to hallicrafters?
This one for instance, the owner is pretty serious looks like.
Sometimes it takes a personal contact to find out such obscure info.
http://www.hallicraftercollector.com/index.htm

What is meant is that such persons often know of other more private persons who may have boxes of old documents in their garages, and are willing to help devotees of the item in question.

That is how, after two years of searching, I found a manual for the URT-12 Coast Guard transmitter. A gentleman, a retired Coast Guard Radioman found through a network of retired CG personnel  web sites, had it in his garage up on a dusty shelf in a box of old papers and stuff that surely would have been pitched out at some point. It may well have been the last surviving manual, and there are only three of those transmitters known to still exist.

A list of h serial numbers should be easier to find!

(In a similar vein, I hope Peter Keller can some day scan and release his collection of Tektronix CRT data -for those are the finest CRTs ever made, and deserve to be used in mod scopes, should anyone wish to make one with exceptional brightness and excellent geometry.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015