The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:46:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating License Info - Where?  (Read 3126 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: October 31, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »

Once again old age seems to be nipping at my heels. I need to update my license information to reflect the new address, but for the life of me, cannot remember where the heck to go to do it. Somewhere I had a link someone posted eons ago that I used for the NC move. But that was 2008, almost a decade ago.

I believe I need to access the FCC database info somehow and send the information to them. Has anyone done this in the recent past?

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »

To change an address associated with a license, go to the Universal Licensing System, select Online Filing, and do the following:
Login with your FRN and Password. ...
Choose Update from the Work on This License menu on the right hand side of your License At A Glance screen.

Reference URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=amateur+radio+address+change&oq=amateur+radio+address+change&aqs=chrome..69i57.6144j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here is the URL to log in:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home

Attached is the image of the screen you should see when you log in to make the address update.

If you do not already know your FRN, it is easy to get by doing a call lookup in QRZ, then, under "Detail", click on "View FCC Record".

* ULSlogin.jpg (145.16 KB, 1165x608 - viewed 287 times.)

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »

Many thanks, Rick - that was the page alright. Even remembered my password, and I think I've only ever used it once. Maybe there's hope for the ol' brainbox yet.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 11:27:56 AM »

Todd, if you also want a PDF copy of your license you can get that by logging into the FCC ULS License Manager System http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/ again with your FRN and password to ‘Download the Electronic Authorization’ of the official license.  On the ‘Download Authorizations’ page ADD your call sign to the ‘Authorizations to Download’ and then click download. In other words, your callsign will show up in the left box, highlight it then click the ADD button to move it to the right box. Then click download.  The PDF of your license can be saved, printed later or the file can be opened and printed immediately. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015