The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FCC action with Irb  (Read 17023 times)
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 08:45:33 AM »

Quote from: W1UJR
I have to wait for it to warm up before I move into the barn, future hamshack and workshop.

So, until then, I am PW at 50 watts - which does a great job if conditions are good.

50 watts on the new antenna is like 500 watts on the old antenna.

FB OM and all that jazz.

I'll listen for you while the oatmeal is cooking. :-)

Sounds like a plan.
Blaine N1GTU
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »

It amazes me that many people think that you can just "reason" with Irb, or call him on the phone.
There is no reasoning with him, even if you ask him nicely.
just look at the way he responded to the FCC with "I am innocent!"
probably a few rants about Jesus and jefferson in there too, Ceasar and the blacklist jamming jews.
If all it took to get Irb to behave was an "Irb, please knock it off",do you think it would have progressed to the point it is at now?

there is no conspiracy
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 05:52:58 PM »

Question..?

Is Glenny Due in October...Far Out... Cheesy
W2JBL

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2005, 07:00:59 PM »

Irbwin had his phone disconnected, so you can't call him up anyway.  he has also been visited by friendly and helpful AM'ers who offered to clean up his signal, etc.- he refused their help. i'd sure like to be able to get on 75AM sunday mornings again like i did for years without his splash and  trash covering 3850-3900. it's like living next door to a CB'er with a trashy linear. there is no consiricy that i see here, only that he's been handed 100 feet of 1" nylon rope and is about to hang himself.
XA
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 07:38:27 PM »

In the end I think everyone will miss him when he's gone. For a little while......

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
W1UJR
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 09:17:57 PM »

After Irb, I wonder who will be the next target of the P.C. Police?

Art
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »

Yep, combine inconsideration, (to be kind) inept or (probably) illegal operation, and annoyance,  allow no other recourse, stir well, and you get the current situation.

I was once a supporter of Irb. However, he decided I shouldn't be able to participate in a net years ago because he wanted a grand stand from which to emit his repetitive verbal flatulence. He transmitted over the net and has been interfereing with people regularly ever since. .
. . surely these and other Irb issues don't have to be rehashed here.  it won't matter a whit. . . .

You gonna call Riley and tell him what a stellar ham Irb is?

-ap
AB2EZ

"Season's Greetings" looks okay to me...

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2005, 11:04:01 PM »

I appreciate the comments from Blaine, Chris (KD2XA) and Art... but I suspect that their comments will be ignored by those among us who prefer not to deal in facts. That is... those who prefer to make their arguments in the absence of facts.

I suspect that even with Blaine's and other's points regarding the complete impossibility of reasoning with Irb (I tried... and like everyone else who has tried, I got nowhere with him) someone will once again suggest that all I had to do was discuss my concerns with Irb, and that would have solved the problem.

Here is a fact that some of the readers of this board may find interesting.

Irb has presented (perhaps a hundred times on the air by now) his story of the first correspondence that he received from Riley... sometime in July of 2004... and how it contained a letter of complaint signed by me with a date of August of 2004. He uses this to underscore the mysterious conspiracy that is being waged against him.

What Irb fails to mention, is that I explained to him, one day on the air, that in July of 2004,  I FAXed two letters to Riley (at the FCC enforcement office's request). They asked my to sign and date my complaint and FAX it to them. When I dated the first copy of the complaint I accidently dated it August XX, 2004 (I don't remember the exact date, although I have the original in my files). Just a few minutes later, I sent a second FAX to the FCC with the incorrect date lined out, the correct date inserted: July XX, 2004... and with my initials next the the lined out date.

Irb acknowledged to me that he understood my explanation by saying something like: "Oh, then it was a comedy of errors".

Nevertheless, this factual information doesn't fit in with Irb's conspiracy theory... and so he continues to tell the original story about my letter of complaint being dated August XX, 2004 ... over-and-over again on the air.
He never mentions the explanation I provided.

Likewise, he fails to mention that the ONLY complaint I have ever lodged against him is his intentional interference when I call CQ anywhere within the 75 meter AM window. If he were to stop intentionally interfering with me when I call CQ... my complaint would be fully satisfied... but that would take away Irb's enjoyment (which he has expressed directly to me on the air) in interfering with my use of the 75 meter AM window.
Stu
AB2EZ

Stewart ("Stu") Personick. Pictured: (from The New Yorker) "Season's Greetings" looks OK to me. Let's run it by the legal department
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2005, 03:08:03 AM »

Stu,

I think it's obvious that the membership relates to this on going problem you have, and it's caused you a great deal of anguish, subsequently it has caused a great deal of Postings on this matter.

I as well as others feel it's more than relative that something obviously has to be done. I don't have any problems with the course of action you have sought to remedy this, I have made passing comments here and there that may not have been any great help but then again his signal strength is in the qrm most of the time on my end so i don't pay him much mind.

For what it's worth i do support your effort in finding a solution for this and sometimes one has to seek outside help,  nothing worse than all the time effort and expense in putting a station together to have someone continually harass you and ruin your enjoyment...that's just wrong period and i do hope that a solution is found in your behalf.

73 om.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015