The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15mtrs is percolating!  (Read 6631 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: September 25, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Hey guys and gals..it has awoken..worked ol' dependable Aldo IW5EKR today at about 1630UTC on 21.220 AM..we exchanged 5/5 rpts
and towards the very end of the Q he went to an easy S9..it has in fact been open gradually a bit more each day..starting at approx 1500UTC to over 1800UTC in duration..I flapped my gums for about 15mins after Aldo on 21.435 AM but NADA even though down in the SSB portion it was jammed..no joy on either 12 or 10mtrs for any kind of mode.....ta ta from the NE corner!   73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
W7NGA

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »

Yahoo! I've been listening to 21.430 Mhz for a year now since moving to the new home. Only signal I have heard on the entire band was W1AW code practice! I did notice a few RTTY signals during the contest this weekend .. so it would appear things are looking up. Might force me to put up a monoband beam. Will be listening for you Dave.

Conditions have been so bad that I kinda gave up on ham radio for a while and bought a large telescope! Trying to take images of the heavens is almost as frustrating. Living in Oregon now ... I didn't see the Sun for the first three months after I got the telescope!

W7NGA  dan
Seaside, Oregon
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »

Hi Dan..yup long time no hear..agn today worked Aldo IW5EKR..bit stronger as he never dropped below S9..bout the same time and guess who I hoid working Aldo later on..ol' Jerry K1GUP just to the north of me..hey Jerry find a better receiver as you were S5 here but no hear a me on ur QRZ..the usual..yes I have worked Jerry a long long time ago..Timtron too..hope the signals reach you Dan and yes I will swing the aluminum towards ur way if no response from the east..SB200 restoration in the wings soon   73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015