The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valiant help  (Read 1510 times)
wb6kwt
Contributing

« on: July 03, 2017, 10:40:23 PM »

I've had this Valiant for several years but never put it on the air, bought it and put it in storage. I decided to see if it is worth getting it on the air and have some questions. First someone had probably put a couple of fans on the back panel and then another owner reversed that option with a panel to cover up the openings. (see pic 3) I believe the fellow I bought it from put a new power cord on it along with a fuse holder. (see pic 2) Someone took the ground stud off and replace it with a awful looking mess. (see Pic 1)

Now my questions, any idea what that mess is in picture 1? I want to get the cabinet off the chassis but not sure how to go about that. I took all the screws off the back panel but couldn't get the chassis to move. Because this things weights 83lbs, I'm 77 and my work space is too small I haven't been able to see if there are screws on the bottom. Are there any precautions about putting the transmitter on it's side?

The person I bought it from is a SK but he did go through it and marked the schematic, showing the parts he replaced. If you can give me suggestions about getting it out of the cabinet that would be a great help.

Bob -wb6kwt

* Unknown.JPG (39.75 KB, 240x320 - viewed 230 times.)

* PowerCord.jpg (42.59 KB, 240x320 - viewed 215 times.)

* Panel.JPG (35.84 KB, 320x240 - viewed 241 times.)
MikeKE0ZUinkcmo

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »

I believe your problem is due to the fact that the cabinet front edge is captive between the front panel and the inner rail that the cabinet screws fasten into.  The cabinet can be a bit difficult to get off some times because of that.

Mike

Mike KE0ZU

Bold Text and PICS are usually links

https://mikeharrison.smugmug.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015