The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:43:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Hi Fi FT-1000D ***SOLD***  (Read 1636 times)
Chuck...K1KW
Contributing

« on: June 29, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »

Time to lighten the equipment load in the shack to make room for more toys.

This is my original FT-1000D, bought new, comes with original box and manual.  I've made several reversible modifications including reassigning the IF out RCA on the back to a Hi Fi audio input driving the balanced modulator.  If you dont use it, the front panel mic input works normally. The 6 KHz AM transmit filter is also bypassed so the audio response is 10 Hz to 10 KHz flat.  It works as normal on SSB and CW.  A wider SSB filter was installed for a 2.9 KHz transmit bandwidth instead of the factory 2.4 KHz.  The slow AGC has been made slower to eliminate the AGC induced distortion that all SSB transceivers seem to have when receiving AM.  On AM receive, the WIDE receive bandwidth is now 12 KHz, with the ability to select the narrower filters as normal. The rig is cosmetically "near mint".  

This rig has the factory installed updates for the high dynamic range switching diodes in the receive filter section.  Receipt for this work included in the documentation.

All my minor modifications have been documented on the schematic and are reversible.  No extra holes or other BS.  THe only issue is that the antenna tuner doesn't work on 160M for some reason.  It works fine on all other bands.  The transmit range has been opened up so that it transmits from 1.5 MHz to 30.0 MHz

I would MUCH prefer pick up here in Bolton or I can meet you up to about 50 mi away.  Price is $695 for local pick up or $895 shipped.  Call me 978-779-5051 or email  cdoneal@comcast.net  

best Chuck K1KW

* FT-1000D.JPG (825.01 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 313 times.)

73, Chuck...K1KW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015