The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:53:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM Rally Over - *PLEASE* send in your log :-)  (Read 3614 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: April 03, 2017, 12:33:16 PM »

The AM Rally was an undeniable success, at least listening around on the air and operating during the event!

However, to put a nice exclamation point on things and to have hard data for folks at the ARRL and other organizations, we really do need your logs to be sent in.

If you kept a paper log, you can enter it into the AM Rally software.  If that is not possible, by all means, please send in the paper logs.  You can also use Excel or  anything that will generate a CSV (comma delimited values) file, which virtually all  logging software will do.

The AM Rally site has all the info - http://www.amrally.com

Great event!  Thanks to everyone who participated.

Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »

Itwould have been nice to bave the ability to " save"  the file. My windoze xp machine is off lne, and can't upload....  i used a thumb drive to inport/export and will be playing around to get my lod 2klc

What? Me worry?
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:01:46 AM »

Itwould have been nice to bave the ability to " save"  the file. My windoze xp machine is off lne, and can't upload....  i used a thumb drive to inport/export and will be playing around to get my lod 2klc

The file is absolutely saved !  In fact, the logging program makes backup copies as well.

Look for a file called kb2wig (OR whatever call you used - wasn't it W1G) - anyway look for w1g.txt or kb1wig.txt and email that file.  Everything is contained there.

The file will be located either in your user area or with the logging program itself.  It is definitely there!

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »

S,

Yes the file is saved.  Watt I did was trying to copy the file to the thumb drive,  sneaker net it to the other side of the basement, and then upload it to the server, automatically?

What I will do is open it in Woyd, copy to the thumb drive, and then email it to the appropriate Rally maven.

What I gotta do is remember how to get the XP machine back on my router.......

klc

What? Me worry?
N1BCG

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »

A lot of ops participated in the AM Rally for fun, not points, and did not keep a log. It would be a huge help to count those ops in support of AM and making the AM Rally an annual event.

Please be counted and email your callsign to logs@amrally.com

Even better, include your transmitter and power information:

A) Vacuum tube / Commercially made
B) Vacuum tube / Home made
C) Solid State / Commercially made
D) Solid State / Home made
E) Hybrid / Commercially made
F) Hybrid / Home made
G) Converted AM Broadcast
H) Military
I) Software based/defined (SDR)

1) 5 Watts or less (QRP)
2) Greater than 5 up through 30 Watts
3) Greater than 30 up through 100 Watts
4) Greater than 100 up through 250 Watts
5) Greater than 250 Watts, to the FCC legal limit

A form for submitting this information is also located at www.amrally.com

Thanks for helping make this event a success!
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »

S,

Yes the file is saved.  Watt I did was trying to copy the file to the thumb drive,  sneaker net it to the other side of the basement, and then upload it to the server, automatically?

What I will do is open it in Woyd, copy to the thumb drive, and then email it to the appropriate Rally maven.

What I gotta do is remember how to get the XP machine back on my router.......

klc

No reason to open the file in anything. Just attach the .txt file created by the logger to your email and send to logs@amrally.com

That would be great!

Regards,  Steve

KM4NYI

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

I used the AM Rally software and uploaded my log. It said there was a mistake in the city/state for one of the contacts, but the information was correct.

I was also wondering if it was supposed to send a confirmation back that the file was uploaded.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »

I kept a list of stations working the event....  much bigger than my confirmed log. Wold this list be of interest yo the event orgasnizrrs?

KLC

What? Me worry?
N1BCG

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »

Wold this list be of interest yo the event orgasnizrrs?

Very much so. Thanks, Kevin!
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 04:52:29 PM »

I used the AM Rally software and uploaded my log. It said there was a mistake in the city/state for one of the contacts, but the information was correct.

I was also wondering if it was supposed to send a confirmation back that the file was uploaded.

The software should have told you that the file was uploaded  Smiley   If you got that confirmation at the time of upload, we got it all OK !

Also, the error was caused by a leading space in one of your state entries.  I could make a modification to remove all trailing and leading space in states if the country is US or CA.

Regards,  Steve

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »

I kept a list of stations working the event....  much bigger than my confirmed log. Wold this list be of interest yo the event orgasnizrrs?

KLC

We'll certainly take a look at it :-)   However, please upload, email or otherwise send in your actual log (or the file).   Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015