The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:07:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRIL 1-2, 2017 THE AM RALLY aka "Behind the AM Button"  (Read 8615 times)
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »

the pileup on 3885 is actually a little amusing to listen to with all of the heterodyning carriers.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
KB5MD
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 10:54:48 PM »

I made a couple of contacts but the 50+ line noise was too much to contend with.  Of all the nights for it to make itself known, it had to be during the AM rally. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Guess I will start the fight with the utility company Monday and maybe they will find time to fix the problem within the next year........ Sad Sad Sad 
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »

40 has been interesting. Conditions are anything but good, not terribly noisy but a lot of fading on signals that are 54-57 on average. Still, I've worked NM, La, WA, St Thomas VI, and Topeka Kansas. From DX-60s to 3-500Z amps. One station was 50 watts, another was 35. Had several call in who I just couldn't dig out. The guy in WA state was running a Valiant, so we worked coast to coast with 100 watt rigs.

Several folks have mentioned seeing the AM Rally announcement and wanting to work some AM. No one is contesting, just rag chewing as much as conditions allows.

Taking an ice cream break, Heading back to it in a while. Hopefully conditions will improve a little later. But it's been fun already.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »

Just worked W1AW on or around 7.290 with Bob/WB1GCM at the mic. Booming in to northern VA. Bob is an AMer and having a blast working the stations. Also heard Jack/W9GT pop in for a quick hello.

Working in the garage and playing radio at the same time....this is how weekend chores should always be.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015