The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring  (Read 17029 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 08:30:25 AM »

This morning it actually smells like spring and we should hit 50 Saturday.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 09:29:46 PM »

Sixty here today Frank, and still at 44. Likely to see 60 again tomorrow and no lower than upper 40's at night. Plans for 63 on Sunday.

I can rub it in now. But you will be laughing this summer when it's in the upper 90's with 99.99999% humidity here and you are looking at 80's!
W2JBL

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 12:43:19 AM »

you guys think your Maine blackflies are bad? the Adirondack blackflys are so big they have landing lights and in flight refueling tubes on their noses....i'd rather put up an antenna in a blizzard than than on a spring day in Old Forge inhaling the bugs. summer in the Adirondacks: four and a half weeks of 80 degree temps punctuated by thunderstorms and hail....
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 02:58:06 AM »

Frank - you obviously didnt hear Dr. Mels forcast for Sunday..I won't tell you ..too depresssing...

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 06:14:38 AM »

Good Morning All,

I do enjoy listening to the Birds that have returned here at my place, and i have begun to hang and fill the feeders i have here. I do enjoy the most, the Humming Bird Couple we have, there's a male female pair that  have visited us often and i pay very close attention to their feeding, keep a fresh clean supply of water and feed for them.

We Also have Wood peckers at work i heard them again yesterday morning Tapping away.. Cheesy and as well the Noisy Blue Birds Squaking...boy they're a Noisy breed...and FISHING SEASON is upon us OM'zez.. Time to to clean the rigs and reline the Bobins... Cheesy
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 07:22:35 AM »

Hi Jack,
Yep, I was looking at the fishing gear and my flyrods a couple of days ago.  Can't wait to put on the waiders and hit the Salmon River here in town this spring. I haven't had a wet fishing line in about 4 years.  The weather's supposed to be nice today and if I get some of the things done that I have to do I might breakout a flyrod this afternoon and practice some casting in the backyard.

Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2005, 02:12:03 PM »

I saw a robin today. And the snowdrops growing (through the snow) in the garden. Mo sno forecasted for Sunday. First day of spring.

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Ed Nesselroad
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2005, 06:44:44 PM »

Our robins were all fluffed-out in the middle of a snowstorm this morning.  Lasted about 30 minutes.  Other than that, it's dryer than a PCF in western Montana.
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »

Just be glad you don't live in Florida, or worse, where my mom and brother (ex-military) live.... Gulf Port MS!!!! whew! talk about hot! :oops:  :oops:

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ
I can rub it it in now. But you will be laughing this summer when it's in the upper 90's with 99.99999% humidity here and you are looking at 80's!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015