The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:35:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: good conditions tonight  (Read 3775 times)
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« on: November 12, 2016, 08:49:54 PM »

Hearing activity from all over the place here in PA, northeast, southeast, Midwest. Was heading some 5 land stations earlier, lots of signals in the am window. Had the websdr out in California up, http://69.27.184.62:8901/ and was able to make it my own signal out there, which is pretty good considering I am only running 30 watts into a 20 foot high dipole. Also could copy Paul, WA3VJB's who was on 3880 with WB8UHZ, on that same sdr. Heading some Spanish speaking stations too, some of which I believe were on AM.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 12:02:40 AM »

About 10 minutes ago I was still hearing K1KBW and W1BBC on the websdr out in california, but looks like everyone is gone now. Worked both of them along with W4PBS, N1XZW, and KC9KUH tonight, all with good signals, and was able to hear all of them (except for N1XZW, only because I hadn't started listening to the websdr until after we had stopped talking) on the CA receiver, which was great.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015