Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
SDRplay and SDRuno hardware/software SDR package

The AM Forum
November 21, 2017, 03:11:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SDRplay and SDRuno hardware/software SDR package  (Read 13004 times)
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »

Looks like an excellent solution for anyone who has proximity issues with nearby AM or FM broadcast stations. As far as I can see the core of the radio is basically the same as the RSP1 so it's nice that they are offering both options to potential buyers. Very nice!

Rob W1AEX

One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 02:12:06 PM »

Well, can I feel smug, or only partially smug.

I ordered the SDRthing from HRO, $120 and free shipping. As its only receive; Can I only be 1/2 smug, or can I be fully smug? And do I have to stand by until I get it in the mail, or can I start my smugishness now?  Anyway, I can still look down on the unwashed.

klc

What? Me worry?
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making Amplitude Modulation GREAT Again!

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »

I take delivery of mine Monday.

The weather in Bakersfield has been unusually Smuggy this week.   I think I now know why,  klc....

Lol

--Shane
KD6VXI
KL7OF

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 10:12:51 AM »

KLC   Half smug better than no smug...

Being able to look down on the unwashed is worth at least the price you paid...

I have a problem with my sdrplay...I have the software loaded,  I plug the black box in, but the software doesn't see the radio...all I get is noise....It is hard to be smug.....Steve
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making Amplitude Modulation GREAT Again!

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »

It's that TMC transmitter.   The SDRPLAY saw that thing and got scared as all get out!

Seriously,  you sounded great here yesterday in the roundtable..  Nice to hear you in Washington,  Brandon in Louisiana,  the boys in Arizona and even Montana was in there.

40 looks to be good this winter.   Very Smuggy.

--Shane
KD6VXI
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »

Steve, can you confirm that the SDRplay is seen by Windows in Device Manager? I had an issue with the USB cable that I got from HRO when I bought my SDRplay. I learned that not all USB cables are compatible and what they were selling definitely fell into that category. I grabbed another USB cable that was lying around and as soon as I hooked it up the Mirics API driver loaded immediately, the rig initialized, and the software saw the rig every time from that point on.

Rob W1AEX

* SDRplay.jpg (228.8 KB, 795x579 - viewed 90 times.)

KL7OF

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2016, 08:17:01 AM »

Steve, can you confirm that the SDRplay is seen by Windows in Device Manager? I had an issue with the USB cable that I got from HRO when I bought my SDRplay. I learned that not all USB cables are compatible and what they were selling definitely fell into that category. I grabbed another USB cable that was lying around and as soon as I hooked it up the Mirics API driver loaded immediately, the rig initialized, and the software saw the rig every time from that point on.

Rob W1AEX
TNX Rob...I got it working.....a different USB cable and some fooling around with the IF Gain level and it took off......Steve
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »

Nice! Hope you enjoy it!

Rob

w8khk
Marietta Georgia

You never heard of a Ham Operator?

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 11:08:38 PM »

Rob, I would like to express my thanks to you for sharing all your knowledge and information regarding the SDR platform, it is very helpful to all of us.  I especially appreciate the information you provided to help us use the FIFI SDR with the current software offerings.  I know it is a lot of work to document and share the details, Thanks and best regards!

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
Global Warming? Actually, it's much worse! On any given day, half the planet faces global warming whereas the other half faces global cooling! The warming half is facing the sun, and the cooling half is opposite the sun
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

Thank you Rick!

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 11:51:41 PM »

The SDR play works FB. A great inve$tment for $120.

I feel smuglier every minute.

KLC

What? Me worry?
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »

I recently bought a used SDRplay 2 on eBay, and I'm somewhat disappointed with it compared with my Afedri. 

I'm not a huge fan of the SDRUno, and its weird frequency entry method (I don't have a mouse wheel on my laptop).  Also it overloads much easier than the Afedri, and the USB2.0 in my cheapo laptop is too slow for very wide frequency spans.  Still, for the $140 bux I paid, I can't complain to loudly - it covers up to 2 gig, (Afredri only goes to 30 MHz).  FM radio sounds fantastic.

Wish SDRUno did sync AM ISB (ie USB in right audio channel, LSB in left) like CuteSDR.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »

Did you try it with HDSDR or SDRConsole. These two apps are better than SDRUno in most respects.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »

"smuglier"?  Roll Eyes
W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 09:35:42 PM »

Here is a sneak peek at the soon to be released v1.2 of SDRuno. Looks like this will be a nice version with a number of improvements in the interface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXi70IDzkJs

W1AEX
Un-smug-a-licious
Contributing

ANAN 100 SDR

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »

In case you did not see the news, the new SDRuno version 1.2 was released yesterday. The full release notes and the download link for this update can be found here:

http://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2579

There are fixes, changes, and new functions in this version. It's a major release and worth it to upgrade. It seems to work beautifully here!

Rob W1AEX

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone 2001-2015