The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:58:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40m Activity Saturday, 3/12/16  (Read 8271 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: March 12, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »

Had a full morning with chores and projects here but managed some time on 40. Band seemed to be in good shape. Worked Russ/WB3FAU and Ken/WG3FU for a while on 7.285 then attempted to get some work done. Worked Jerry/W4GSL on the way out the door, his first AM contact. Cool. Also got caught by Jeff/K3EMW after that. Jerry and Ken got talking as I made good my escape.

Left the rig on while working around the garage and yard, had an old 1923 TRF torn apart on the bench when I heard someone up the band a bit. Turned out to be Buddly/WD8BIL working Rob/K5UJ out in Illinois on 90. This was pushing 3:30 in the afternoon, Radio China was really pounding that end of the band. Am amazed I could hear Rob at all, even one word. That's quite a haul for that time of the day on 40. Clearly you have it dialed in for 40m, Rob.

Buddly - good catching up again, it's been a while. Even with waning band conditions and RCI noise you were 56-58 or more, even +5 over after I signed with you. Rob was 53-55 and would've been Q5 much of the time were it not for the broadcast noise.

40 remains a fun band. Especially so when your 80m aerial is down.  Wink

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »

Cool Beans Todd! Yes, it is great hearing you back on the airwaves!

Later I was chatting with Don K4KYV around 7:30 and after 15 minutes he just faded away! Never did hear him again. But that's 40M.

Last night I SWL'd some stations from 6 and 7 land so the late night 40 gig might be getting interesting here.

Again, good hearing you Todd. Don't be a stranger.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:46:05 AM »

What time was that, Steve?
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »

Yes, please, if you're going to give a band activity report, please mention frequency and roughly time of day so others can gauge their on going forward activity.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 05:30:12 PM »

You don't want to make it too easy.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/y0X0ZYbnHxA

Just think of all the people who have already forgotten how to call CQ since the internet came along.   Smiley

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
K5IIA

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »

I have been getting on 40m most nights. For date, time, and freq look on my log book on qrz.

I never have a problem at all talking to someone on 40 late night, and some early evening. My email is good on qrz if anyone wants to try a contact just get my email from qrz and shot me one and within 5 or 10 minutes I'm sure I will notice the email and give ya a listen.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

73, Brandon K5iia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015