The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:11:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC-610-E Question  (Read 37437 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »

I hope Pedro got his transmitter going.  Don't recall hearing it on the air for the last 3 years.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »

Guys, this whole discussion was from March 2005.

We know John, we know.  Seems to still be a lively topic though in spite of your protests.  And the pictures still come up as well.  I wonder how Pedro's doing with those two Beasties.  Hope he washed their faces  Cheesy

Enjoy!

vH

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
ka3zlr
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »

I Like It Joe,

Whats a few different modulated pitched hums on your carrier signal between friends..

Oh that is Excellent Post...I Like it... Grin

Amateur Radio......"Run Whatcha Brung"......
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »

I know it's an old post but i stumbled across while looking for something on Google. Did Pedro ever get the BC-610 transmitter. The suspense is killing me Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
WA3VJB
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »

Guys, this whole discussion was from March 2005.

It's okay as long as the transmitter is older than the thread.

I was going to suggest he call it an experimental "electric oven" and tell la jefe that he volunteered to do research so he could help in la cocina if successful.

¿Tu sabé ?

xe1yzy

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »

Guys...

Unfortunately not finished yet, I make only one BC-610 of both units, and take the other one for parts, but even with these, I have still a lot of work to do,   in the process I witnessed the best sparks and pyrotechnics shows of my whole life, men you can hear my voice even on the microwave oven!, a truly Tesla's disciple!

I spend a lot of time and money,  have a lot of fun , but , if  I do not throw it through the window is because this Iron are HEAVY, back in 2006 the main power transformer finaly gives up, and I decided put this rig on storage, before I kill my self...

I was pleased to hear from you Guys!

BTW, Im still married

TVI WHAT TVI?
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »

Second, any tip for calm my XYL when she see this little iron come to my home?

Regards to All!

We will be thinking of you cuz the little iron is not too small..................700lbs???Ok

BTW guys,,,,I sent a message to Steve (one of the Admins??) about old posts beyond one year being locked and after maybe two years deleted. There was another thread resurrected recently with the same problem.
What do you think???
OFF topic YES but what is this a 4 yr old thread?Huh

Fred KC4MOP
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »

Second, any tip for calm my XYL when she see this little iron come to my home?
Regards to All!

Diamonds always seem to work well, especially if mixed with a little gold......................

Grin  Grin  Grin

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »

dont delete old posts because some of these have useful information that may need to be referred back to in the future.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 03:29:24 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with commenting on an old post. I was the one that was curious about  his 610 and if it was working or not. I would like to work a Mexican station on a 610. It would be a first for me for sure.

As far as old posts being deleted, that would almost be a crime in my view because of the things that AB2EZ and K4KYV wrote are not replaceable. It's all just great reference material. Of course there are many others who write great stuff so lets not throw it away.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

Old posts/threads are a gold mine!

DO NOT lock or delete them, please!

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »

Agree. Why kill all that knowledge.

Pedro, Hope all is well and we can meet up again. No immediate plans to get to the DF but things change weekly
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
xe1yzy

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »

Agree. Why kill all that knowledge.

Pedro, Hope all is well and we can meet up again. No immediate plans to get to the DF but things change weekly
/KPD

Hello Carl, hope we can meet again soon too!, Im not live any more in DF, now I live in Querétaro ( 150 Km to the north ) but any ways, I can make the trip to DF if you come to Mexico , no problem, nice to hear about you Carl!

TVI WHAT TVI?
WQ9E

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »

Pedro,

I hope you get your BC-610E going soon.  I have a BC-610 that is starting to get more use as I get used to it.

I am sure you love living in Queretaro.  I was there many times in the middle/late 1990s.  I taught several summer courses at the university and a number of weekend executive MBA courses during other parts of the year.  There are no better strawberry milkshakes in the world than what I found in Queretaro and I still have cravings for them!  It was a very pleasant place to spend time with fascinating architecture and history.

Rodger WQ9E
xe1yzy

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2011, 12:58:20 AM »

Pedro,

I hope you get your BC-610E going soon.  I have a BC-610 that is starting to get more use as I get used to it.

I am sure you love living in Queretaro.  I was there many times in the middle/late 1990s.  I taught several summer courses at the university and a number of weekend executive MBA courses during other parts of the year.  There are no better strawberry milkshakes in the world than what I found in Queretaro and I still have cravings for them!  It was a very pleasant place to spend time with fascinating architecture and history.

Hi Rodger,

Yes I do, its a nice place thanks, where do you have those Milkshakes? I want to try one !, BTW Im on the way to finish another Junkstone, so this time Im going to try on 20 meters, to see if I can make some QSO with you guys.

Have a nice weekend

Pedro XE1YZY

TVI WHAT TVI?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015