BC-610-E Question

(1/8) > >>

xe1yzy:
Guys

Someone here in Mexico wants to sell me a BC-610-E transmitter, without a doubt is a "desierable" item for any Boatanchor collector, but I have 2 question.

First,. Is this Transmitter a good performer?, he really produce a good AM signal, or needs a lot of mod to do so?, I have in my junkbox, some "tunning units", but I guess Im also need the coils for each band, maybe it is not a "cheap and easy" restoration, so I want to make sure

Second, any tip for calm my XYL when she see this little iron come to my home?

Regards to All!

WA1GFZ:
BC610 runs off 120 volts. It can sound very good with a little work.
Coils can be made home brew. A tuning unit can be modified to work as a buffer with an external VFO or signal generator.

W2INR:
Hi Pedro

For years I ran a BC 610 Model H as my main rig for 5 years . Then it became the back up transmitter for almost 10 more years.

The 610 is a great transmitter and will provide years of service if maintained well.

There are many Mods available for the rig and parts seem to be available.

Good luck on the aquisition

WD8BIL:

Second, any tip for calm my XYL when she see this little iron come to my home?

VALLIUM

Herb K2VH:
Pedro,

From 1960 to 1963 I ran a BC-610-I and it was a wonderful transmitter.  Then I got drafted ino the Army, so sold it.  But in 1996 I acquired a BC-610-E.  I have been running it ever since, and I love it.  BC-610s are great rigs, and just need a little bit of care.   They also need to learn who is boss.  Always let a BC-610 know that you're the boss--not the BC-610.  Then you'll both get along well.  Coils can be made, modified, or bought at flea markets or on the internet.  By all means, get that rig.  They are becoming scarce.

Regarding your wife, just tell her that other women's husbands are out drinking, womanizing, or finding other ways to get into trouble.  You, on the other had, are a well-behaved loving, sober, and loyal husband, innocently playing with vintage radio equipment.  What more could she ask for???

Good luck with that great old hero of World War II!

Herb
K2 Vintage Hallicrafters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands