The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Have to date.773 Members...QRZed New Members  (Read 7052 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:14:09 PM »

Good Day,

And Good Day to all the New members, Please come on in and Take part, Say hello, the family is growing....Welcome...

de jack ka3zlr
w8rca
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:06:21 AM »

I have enjoyed the forum a lot since I ran into it a while back. I haven't been very active on the bands or AM lately but being able to read about stuff and see many of the people I've known through the years posting here has been a great deal of fun. Thanks for giving the AM'ers a place to meet.....
Regards,
Greg W8RCA
xe1yzy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 05:55:27 PM »

Jack...

Good news, hope the bug bites  many more Amers all over the world!

TVI WHAT TVI?
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 06:24:25 PM »

Hi Pedro, Greg, Evening Fellas,

Yup the membership is growing and activity is way up, and there's many things available Technical Help and the Chat rooms, and Soon Video will be on board, So there' alot happening, becoming readily Available for us.

And all at finger tip reach, and that's a benefit, especially when and if your working on something and Need a Little help and Support...Encouragement..

tnx Fellas de jack ka3zlr.
VE1IDX

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 10:34:41 PM »

Hello all.My name is Garth and I just signed up a short while ago.Been reading here for quite some time and like what I see.Just running a Japanese rice box for now but do have a DX-60 that I need to dig out and fire up.Plans are in the works for a quad 811A amp or a pair of 572B's just as soon as get all the parts in one place and see what I have to work with.If I can talk a buddy out of that BC-1 plate transformer he is using as a paper weight I may even try 833's.

Learn from others mistakes.You will never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 03:40:23 AM »

Well Hi Garth,

Welcome Aboard OM, I'm Jack one of the Moderators here, Take your time move around and meet the guys. If ya need any Help Just ask away we've got some of the Best in the Buisness here and if ya need anything at all if we can be of any help let us know...

W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 08:18:33 AM »

Quote from: VE1IDX
Hello all.My name is Garth and I just signed up a short while ago.Been reading here for quite some time and like what I see.Just running a Japanese rice box for now but do have a DX-60 that I need to dig out and fire up.Plans are in the works for a quad 811A amp or a pair of 572B's just as soon as get all the parts in one place and see what I have to work with.If I can talk a buddy out of that BC-1 plate transformer he is using as a paper weight I may even try 833's.

Hi Garth,

833A's are not a good choice for R.F. linear amplifier service. Hi Mu triodes work far better. Not to say that it cannot be done but  the simplicity of the cathode driven design cannot easily be used.
VE1IDX

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 11:48:04 AM »

The only reason I was considering 833's is that I have a few pairs of the more rugged "C" version that were broadcast pulls.I have worked for 21 years as a broadcast engineer with a Gates BC-1G and a BC-1T as well as some solid state stuff and FM TX's.The irony is that I think that some of you guys here probably have more expierance on the Gates stuff than I do due to the reliability of them on my end versus the modification experiance that you guys have.Nice to see some of those old TX's put to good use after they were retired from BC use.

Learn from others mistakes.You will never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »

FB Guys.... QRZed any New Members...Come on in and say Hi... Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015