The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:44:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SP600 TUBES  (Read 4156 times)
ve6pg

« on: March 01, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »

HI FROM TIM...DOWNLOADING FROM BAMA TAKES FEREVER..CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH TUBES ARE THE AUDIO SECTION OF THE SP600?THIS RECVR LITES UP ES ALL,BUT LOW AUDIO...THANKS...TIM...P.S.,IF YOU KNOW OF ANOTHER SITE WITH DOPE ON THIS RCVR,PLEASE PASS IT ALONG..I'VE LOOKED AT THE HAMMARLUND HISTORIAN PAGES,ETC,BUT I NEED MORE "NUTS AND BOLTS" INFO AT THIS TIME...THANKS...TIM..SK..[/b]

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
N8YE
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »

Quote from: ve6pg
HI FROM TIM...DOWNLOADING FROM BAMA TAKES FEREVER..CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH TUBES ARE THE AUDIO SECTION OF THE SP600?THIS RECVR LITES UP ES ALL,BUT LOW AUDIO...THANKS...TIM...P.S.,IF YOU KNOW OF ANOTHER SITE WITH DOPE ON THIS RCVR,PLEASE PASS IT ALONG..I'VE LOOKED AT THE HAMMARLUND HISTORIAN PAGES,ETC,BUT I NEED MORE "NUTS AND BOLTS" INFO AT THIS TIME...THANKS...TIM..SK..[/b]

Tim , The audio output Z is 600 ohms.  A 12volt/120volt filament transformer will make a makeshift audio matching transformer. It will make the audio louder.  I think the audio tube is a 6v6.
..37..Steve..N8YE
VE7 Kilohertz

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:10:01 AM »

Hi Tim,

Check out the link to the pages that N9NEO quoted you in a previous post. I looked at it yesterday for the first time and it is awesome. So much detail on the SP-600 it will make your head spin. MIL manuals and consumer manuals. The files are large but definately worth it.

Cheers

Paul
VE7KHz

Women. Ya can't live with them......pass the beer nuts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015