The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:02:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Need Prayers  (Read 32729 times)
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

Hospitals are no place to get well!  Enjoy your Xmas gift with the family and friends.   Best, bill

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »

It's so good you're be home around family for Christmas !

I wish the best for you in your treatments going forward, and final recovery.

Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2015, 06:36:52 PM »

Good that your'e out of the hospital and home. My brother had something like that.. and chemo for a while, he's cured now.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »

Good that your'e out of the hospital and home. My brother had something like that.. and chemo for a while, he's cured now.

ahhhh ya...so nice to have piece and quiet and my family close by. I thought I stepped into heaven ... 3 weeks is a long time.
They have made a lot of progress in this blood cancer thing. More talk about success.

Fred KC4MOP
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »

F,

Now all we have to do is get you on the air a bit.....  7290 Is FB during the day......

klc

What? Me worry?
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »

F,

Now all we have to do is get you on the air a bit.....  7290 Is FB during the day......

klc
Thanks for the heads up!!! I will be trekking to the shack more, now that my strength is back for climbing stairs. Amazing how the body forgets to do something as simple as steps in 3 weeks.
It's nice not to have to worry about shaving........been 5 days.....I think I'd like to have my hair back, though

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KB5MD
Contributing

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »

My hair all came out and when it came back, it was curly as heck (kinky) for about the first 3 haircuts and then went back to the natural straight.
The middle finger nail on both hands split during chemo and one is still split 15 years later.  That is some poisonous stuff, but it worked along with a lot of prayers.
I try to remember each day to say a prayer of thanks.  Good luck!
w1vtp

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »

F,

klc
Thanks for the heads up!!! I will be trekking to the shack more, now that my strength is back for climbing stairs. Amazing how the body forgets to do something as simple as steps in 3 weeks.
It's nice not to have to worry about shaving........been 5 days.....I think I'd like to have my hair back, though

Fred

It's time to get serious about getting your "stuff" on a floor where you don't have to do stairs.  Very important.  Think about it now (plans) and do it when you get your strength back.   Ask for local help

Al
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

F,

klc

Fred

It's time to get serious about getting your "stuff" on a floor where you don't have to do stairs.  Very important.  Think about it now (plans) and do it when you get your strength back.   Ask for local help

Al
Thanks Al
I have been walking the halls of the hospital as my little regimen of keeping it together. It had been three weeks since I climbed steps. I got my little circuit in the house for walking and climbing a little set of stairs about 30 minutes a day . The steps are getting much easier. There's is no way for local help and my limited energy to be wrestling moving just a transceiver to higher ground and the RF cables. For now, I still need my 2Pm nap
Thanks
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »

I'm sure that once you get back on the air, a strong dose of 75mAM will get the machine back in working order. Things could be much worse. Hang in there, you have many people sending good energy your way.
w1vtp

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »

OK Fred.  Understood.  Consider it a project for further down the road and only if you feel up to it.

It's not something we wish to look forward to but at some time we probably need to make plans to accommodate mobility limitations .  Another possibility would be to put in one of those mobile stairs that allow you to go between stairs by taking a ride.

I don't consider this sort of thing anything more than part of the "human experience"  There are plenty of folks - young folks - who need assistance with their mobility.[1]  I just want you to continue to enjoy the part of your life that is fun - being on the air.

GL es Keep Truckin, Al

-----------------------------------------------
[1] An example with one of my ham friends is Matt KB1JXU who is a young guy who is wheelchair bound but has an infectious love of life.  He's fun to be around with and doesn't allow his mobility limitation to slow him down
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

OK Fred.  Understood.  Consider it a project for further down the road and only if you feel up to it.

It's not something we wish to look forward to but at some time we probably need to make plans to accommodate mobility limitations .  Another possibility would be to put in one of those mobile stairs that allow you to go between stairs by taking a ride.

I don't consider this sort of thing anything more than part of the "human experience"  There are plenty of folks - young folks - who need assistance with their mobility.[1]  I just want you to continue to enjoy the part of your life that is fun - being on the air.

GL es Keep Truckin, Al

-----------------------------------------------
[1] An example with one of my ham friends is Matt KB1JXU who is a young guy who is wheelchair bound but has an infectious love of life.  He's fun to be around with and doesn't allow his mobility limitation to slow him down

Well a strong dose of some 160M AM will be better for the mind and soul. The dipole is down from some wind storm that blew through here, while I was in the hospital. So, some back tracking is needed. It is just one end of the antenna that is down. I hope that the I didn't lose the dacron rope up in the tree. The last time it failed the rope was laying on the ground.  I'll have to wait for my wife to go out for me to trekk back there and look over what is left and secure the loose end for another attempt to reconnect.
My thought would be to shorten it to 195 feet to lessen the amount of wire out there and reduce the failures until I feel better to put a pulley and bucket to absorb the movement of the tree end of the dipole. 195 feet is a 3/8 wave at the lowest operating freq of a dipole fed by OWL for multiple band use. Right now it is a full length 160M dipole, 240 feet. When I was in Maryland, the dipole was 3/8 wave and worked very well on many bands.

Al,
thanks for your thoughts. The strength is back in my legs to climb steps now. I have a regimen using the space between our living room and kitchen as a circuit for my walking in circles and climbing the steps for my legs. I can now get back on my elliptical and do one lap on the track. I use to do 15 minutes of laps or whatever was on the screen for a per-programmed workout. One of those wise purchases I made two years ago to buy a nice Nordick Track Elliptical with 7 inch LCD screen and wifi to get exercise online workouts. It was on sale for $1200 and free shipping........LOVE it!!!
It's all part of an exercise time to keep this body functioning and the chemo road ahead. Trying to keep it moving about 40 minutes a day, without stressing too much.

God Bless you guys in this forum....I hope you guys and gals have a special blessed Holiday and The New Year is a little better than the this last year.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
w1vtp

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »

That's wonderful news, Fred.  Keep up the good fight.  Still,,,, plan ahead.  Wish we could work each other.  Maybe a band opening on  75.  40 has been pretty much useless with its unpredictability

Enjoy the holidays

Al
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2015, 07:28:20 PM »

OK Al
Maybe an early evening event on 75 before the chaos takes place.
I thought 40 was booming or maybe daytime /  afternoon has been better

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »

Fred,

A special Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know that extra prayers and blessings are headed your way this year. Stay strong and fight the good fight. May God bless you.

Mike / KE5YTV

Jesus is the reason for the season!

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2015, 01:40:22 PM »

My hair all came out and when it came back, it was curly as heck (kinky) for about the first 3 haircuts and then went back to the natural straight.
The middle finger nail on both hands split during chemo and one is still split 15 years later.  That is some poisonous stuff, but it worked along with a lot of prayers.
I try to remember each day to say a prayer of thanks.  Good luck!

Thanks for your comments...
It's a calculated poisoning and they are getting pretty good at it.

Fred KC4MOP
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »

Fred,

A special Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know that extra prayers and blessings are headed your way this year. Stay strong and fight the good fight. May God bless you.

Mike / KE5YTV

Jesus is the reason for the season!

Thanks Mike.....Last sentence is VERY true

Fred KC4MOP
kf2vm

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »

Fred,
  All prayers to you old friend.

You are absolutely in the best place. I did a great deal of work there in 2005, as well as at the University of Pittsburgh with Dr. John Kansius developing an R.F. based tumor ablation system.
 Brilliant, compassionate people who in addition to providing great medical care,...also provide the spiritual support so crucial to this difficult battle.

Blessings to you and keep up the fight.

Jamie
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »

Fred,
  All prayers to you old friend.

You are absolutely in the best place. I did a great deal of work there in 2005, as well as at the University of Pittsburgh with Dr. John Kansius developing an R.F. based tumor ablation system.
 Brilliant, compassionate people who in addition to providing great medical care,...also provide the spiritual support so crucial to this difficult battle.

Blessings to you and keep up the fight.

Jamie

I remember reading about Dr Kansius in QST, I think...quite a break through using RF.
Thanks for your thoughts.
fred

Fred KC4MOP
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »

Fred,

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through, but I know you will be OK!  Our prayers are certainly with you.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015