The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retirement - Johnson, Hallicrafters, Collins, National, Kenwood Gear  (Read 2484 times)
WA2OLZ
Contributing

« on: November 07, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »

The time has finally come for R&R (Retirement and Relocation). That entails moving into a much smaller home, less if any land, etc. I’m afraid it’s time to start passing my radio gear on to others since it will not fly after the move.

AMFone gets first dibs.

Here is a partial listing of what will be available. All equipment is working as it should and, although not museum quality, is in at least an 8+ out of ten cosmetic condition. Please contact me direct through email (JM@D8ALUS.NET) if interested.

Thanks & 73,
Jack – WA2OLZ

SOLD: Viking Valiant – beautiful condition. Restored and tuned by K1LTI (www.Johnsonradioresto.com ). Chuck’s work is meticulous and you should visit his shop if ever you have the opportunity. I flew to MA to pick up the Valiant and flew it home.  Not everyone wants a fully restored, like factory-new Valiant with no mods; I understand that. (I do use a W2IHY 8-Band Equalizer with it as it really helps the audio). If you do, you should consider this example. I paid $1,100 for this transmitter plus the cost of flying back and forth to MA to get it.  I’d like $900 and will not ship.

Hallicrafters SX-101A – Works perfectly on all bands. There are some scratch marks on the black metal bezel, otherwise excellent cosmetics. The infamous crumbly main tuning knob was replaced by one form an SX-88. It’s probably less than 1/16” smaller diameter and works / looks great. Asking $490 and will not ship.

Hallicrafters SX-100, MK III – also works perfectly on all bands. Cosmetics close to new. This is a beautiful general coverage tube receiver. Asking $350 and will not ship.

SOLD: Collins 75A-3 – Does not have AM filter installed. Works and looks very good. Asking $350 and will not ship.

National NC-303 – Does not compare to the Hallicrafters or Collins gear (no surprise!). Very good condition. Asking $275 and will not ship.

Kenwood R-599A Receiver – the receive half of the Kenwood 599A twins. Works and looks very good. Asking $175.

Sold: Kenwood R599D Twins (Transmitter & Receiver) – includes matching speaker an elusive interconnect cable. Asking $325 for all (will not separate).

As you see, I really do not want to ship this equipment. It’s too heavy and subject to shipping damage regardless of the carrier. Pickup in west-central NJ is preferred but I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet or deliver if necessary.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015