The AM Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GATES BC-1T, BC-1G owners: New audio driver PC boards  (Read 3906 times)
kc9ieq

« on: April 28, 2015, 11:44:37 PM »

I'm exploring the possibility of having some new 807 audio driver boards manufactured for the Gates BC-1G, and BC-1T transmitters which have the 807 board (earlier design boards used 6BG6 tubes). The 3D image shown here is a rough draft of the potential new board in .0625" 170tg F4 material. The circuit has not been changed, however some slight routing and component choice/ placement tweaks have been made to make these boards a little less "roach" prone. They will also be double sided, so that all thru holes are plated- unlike the original. So far my board house quotes have come in at no less than about $50 per board. I'm posting this here to gauge interest in this project, to see if it is worth following through on. I'm sure most of you are aware how crispy these boards get, many now having totally destroyed traces due to past repair attempts. I will also entertain the idea of offering these boards fully populated and ready to go, cost estimated to be more around $100. If you have interest in one of these boards, please respond to the post and/or PM me. If enough people get "on board", I'll keep going and give final prices for confirmation before going to production. I need at least 10 confirmations to meet the minimum quantity for the above estimated prices.

* BC-G board.jpg (66.21 KB, 960x540 - viewed 813 times.)
kc9ieq

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »

This peoject is being re-visited, it was put on the shelf due to lack of interest.  If anybody else has need for one of these driver boards, please speak up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015